Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a Carravaggio spoiler and carnards painted and placed on the car with great results. At the same time, an RKSport was put on the car.

The color match sucks on the hood! It is several shades darker. The painter is re-doing it, but I was wonder if anyone has had a good color match. Is the paint brand sensitive?

I am trying to not blend it into the panels, just in case I put the stock hood back.

Getting ready for Spring! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know yellow is the bad to match. They had to redo my bumper! and you should blend it just to make sure.

Chris

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's a disadvantage of Millennium Yellow, it's tough to match. As I understand it, the paint is a three stage process. Base coat, tinted clear followed by clear. Some painters leave out the second step. :cheers:

·
Registered
377 Posts
You will never know the brand of paint that was used to paint your car. From what I understand, the major automakers use paints from three manufactures Dupont, PPG, and Acme. Apparently there was some litigation years ago with one manufacturer engaging in anti-competitive practices by selling at a loss to drive competitors out of business.

At least that is what I was told by a local Dupont pain dealer. Sounded good, could be a bunch of BS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts