Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Z06 and I got the "paint protection" plan. Just wondering if anyone else went with that option and what are your thoughts about it.

I didn't know if there were any negatives assoicated with doing this. They are also putting some kind of protection under the car that is suppose to reduce the "noise". (To me there is no such thing...the sound of the car is music.)

Thanks,
Ira

·
Registered
906 Posts
...I'm getting the StonGard 3M Paint Protection... it's guaranteed!

HarleyB

·
Registered
28 Posts

On 2001-04-30 14:28, IMBLISS spewed forth this drivel:
I recently purchased a Z06 and I got the "paint protection" plan. Just wondering if anyone else went with that option and what are your thoughts about it.

I didn't know if there were any negatives assoicated with doing this. They are also putting some kind of protection under the car that is suppose to reduce the "noise". (To me there is no such thing...the sound of the car is music.)

Thanks,
Ira
I wouldn't let the dealer touch my car nor would I let them put the "paint protection" on or the "under car" noise reduction. Big time No No IMO. Do not do it. If the "under car" noise reducer is undercoating then you are making a BIG mistake. The underside of a Vette does not need any protection and as far as the "paint protection" goes just buy Zaino which is by far more superior than anything the dealer has.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow well that sucks! I posted my message too late because they are doing it today! (TOO LATE) I can't imagine what I was thinking when I did that. (I figured they new what they were doing at Chevy!) Why is the protection harmful? Do you know of specific reasons?

I guess it doesn't really matter but it might be something that I can bring up to them if there are issues assoicated with getting it done. This is very upseting news....not to mention the added cost. I just didn't know any better when I ordered the it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The paint protection is simply a polish or wax they put on.....it's not a big deal, highly advanced "paint protector". Zaino is by far superior. It's a scam IMO. The under car noise reduction, if it was I think it is, is a rubberized undercoating, that is a mess and will actually hold water and dirt rather than repel it. The dealer WILL DEFINITELY tell you differently though. Another scam IMO. A Vette does not need any of this crap. Good luck. I hope they didn't ruin your Vette. Again, this IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts