Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating either painting or powdercoating my stock rims. Color will be black. OEM, Semi gloss or flat I am not sure.

Has anybody either tried painting or powder coating their rims? Any words of wisdom? Is one process better than another? How about cost? What should I expect? I was quoted locally here for semi-flat black powder coating at $85 per rim. Seemed high, but was told this includes sandblasting and is not paint.

Interested in thoughts and comments. This is for my Black/black 01 Z06.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If it were my car I would powder coat the rims black. The sand blast and clear coat which the powder coating provides seems more logical to me. Check out some of the other posts concerning powder coating and you can have a look at what it actually looks like. Good luck

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Had Panther Wheels do my OEM wheels black, they painted them. the look great and have held up very well so far, about 8K miles on them.

the original finish was paint and it held up well also, paid about $75 US per wheel plus shipping.

Mark

·
Registered
460 Posts
I used Wheels America for mine.

Black gloss enamel baked on, then machined outter lip and then covered in a clear powdercoat. All that for $99 a wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts