Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jacked the car up and painted my front calipers gloss black today, planning on doing the rears next weekend.

Pretty easy, only PITA was ceran wrapping and covering everything up so as not to get paint on the suspension or body.

I painted over the "corvette" lettering. I had ordered some white vinyl decals off ebay, but the fit was sh&tty :flaming:

I may get a small brush and some white paint and paint over the letters later, but I don't think it looks that bad with the letters blacked out. I also painted the metal piece beside the caliper that holds the pad I think. Very pleased with the look overall. I plan on buying drilled/slotted rotors from corvette garage for $399, and I'll paint the hats Gloss black as well, for the two-piece look without the hefty price tag.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try using some lacquer thinner or xyolene on the lettering,the black paint should come off. Would have been better if wiped right away after painting but it should still come off.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
will82 said:
Jacked the car up and painted my front calipers gloss black today, planning on doing the rears next weekend.

Pretty easy, only PITA was ceran wrapping and covering everything up so as not to get paint on the suspension or body.

I painted over the "corvette" lettering. I had ordered some white vinyl decals off ebay, but the fit was sh&tty :flaming:

I may get a small brush and some white paint and paint over the letters later, but I don't think it looks that bad with the letters blacked out. I also painted the metal piece beside the caliper that holds the pad I think. Very pleased with the look overall. I plan on buying drilled/slotted rotors from corvette garage for $399, and I'll paint the hats Gloss black as well, for the two-piece look without the hefty price tag.
Not sure why you'd want to paint torch red calipers jet black...the red Z06 PBR calipers are one the various distinguishing features of the Z06 vis-a-vis the Coupe/Vert. But hey, its your toy. I liked the red calipers so much, I spent $600 for Baer Racing to put a red powder coating on the front/rear Alcon calipers I purchased - awesome.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I don't yet have a Z06 :cry:

Also, my coupe is light pewter metallic, and I don't think I'd like red calipers with this color paint job.

The paint fully dried overnight, and it looks great with just 2 coats! I actually like the letters blacked out, it forces your attention to the polished wheels. Once I add drilled/slotted rotors, it will look really clean.

I also just couldn't swallow paying big $$$ for calipers.

Rather than buying new wheels, calipers, and 2 piece rotors and spending $3,000 or more, i spent $20 on brake cleaner and paint, and will spend another $399 for Corvette Garage's drilled/slotted rotors and paint the hats black.

This means LONG TUBE HEADERS sooner, probably in June or July>

Long Tubes + Bullets = :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts