Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

first of all i would like to say how wonderful this board is. even though i haven't posted much i read everyday. most of my questions have been answered along the way by doing a little research.

now to my question:

i would like some opions on painting the rear fascia of the zo6. my friend has a mil yel zo6 in which he painted the rear black(a la c5r). at first i was skeptical, but after seeing it i loved it. now my car is black with the mod red interior and i was thinking about doing the rear in red. i am not sure what shade of red, but something. i am sure most will tell me not to do it, but i would like any opinions either way.

i appreciate any suggestions . thanks again.

jack

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Jack,

Welcome aboard, Boy thats a tough call ive seen the yellow/black ala c5r and that looks good. red on black or actually any other combo is like one of those thigs you gotta see if it hits you, yea if not ??..........

Good luck.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking too...its just something you have to see to find out if you like it or not.i have been thinking of altering photos of my car and filling in the back with red, but i have yet to try it. we'll see...
thanks for the reply.

jack

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My .02 cents worth:

White car - OK
Yellow car - OK
Silver car - OK
(all with black rears)

Black with red :puke:

see the black on the lighter color cars tend to camoflage the Vettes big olass, plus it hides some of the road dust vacuumed up by the rear Hoover. :)

:cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate the suggestions and i know red on black is very different, i was just thinking with the right shade of red in semi-gloss it has the chance to look cool. maybe i should make a templete(sp) and see how it looks. thanks again.

jack

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmm...Big red ass. People might start calling it the Baboon-mobile.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I would take a few pictures, and someone good with computers ( and a good Photo shop/Paint shop,can do it for you. You could try different shades of red( I would go with the torch red),or any other colors ( Maybe the Argent to match the wheels). If you can't find someone to do this, send me a PM, and I can hook you up with someone who can.( Check out the Flame job on mine. Not real!borrowed the Flames off a friends 34 Ford). Good luck. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it, DO IT!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey Baron ... nice job emulating the flames ... but WTF!? it looks like the rear end is riding on the rims. Is the car sinking into the concrete, or is this the result of photo-editing?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Jerry Velders

The car is parked next to the curb, so you don't see the bottom of the tires.I suppose I could fix that,but it makes the car look lower! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey guys,

thanks for the suggestions. i guess for now i am scrapping this idea.maybe if i saw something in person or if someone had a picture, but i guess what i am looking for doesn't happen very often on a black vette. again thanks. if i do get a wild hair i will post pics.
jack

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Jerry Velders said:
Is the car sinking into the concrete
Jerry, it's the heat from the flames melting the tires:D

Baron, coooool job on the photo shop!
I love flames on a street rod but the in your face of those on a Z06:puke: , maybe I could grow to like some subtle ghost flames:)
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It's your car---do what you like---if you think you might want to change it back to stock, you can always get a set of stick-on letter like I have--I've seen them in all shades (even chrome).

-Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hey Jack. Here is what would look like

Hey Jack. That friend of mine saw the post and here is the result! I think it looks :cool: !(He is trying to decide between a ZO6 and a Vette conv. He knows what kind of advice he would get from this site! :lol:

ps Thanks Les for taking the time to do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Jack,

Get some red Christmas paper cut it out and tape it on your Z leave it in the garage and see if it still looks good after a few days.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I could be going out on a limb, but that has never stopped me before, if you wanted red, you should have bought red. Otherwise, leave it it alone, and enjoy. Z06 kick ass as they are.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Hey Jack. Here is what would look like

Baron said:
That friend of mine saw the post and here is the result! I think it looks :cool: !
Err, I think I'll give that a resounding 0/10 for style, taste, appearance and desirability. In short, it's one ugly mutha ... :puke:

It's not easy to make these cars ugly, but that baboon tail on the black Z06 certainly seem to manage it. Don't do it.

Anyone tried black butt on a red car? I would think it would need to be matt black. :p

Graham

·
Registered
178 Posts
Now being painted.........

.....as we speak, my torch red Z06. I'm painting both the rear facia and the roof. The windows have the dark tint now, which will add to the effect.

I first saw the black rear facia on the C5-R and loved it. Then I bought a 1:18 Z06 die cast model that was painted torch red. Then I "painted" the facia and roof, and looked at it from different angles several evenings while watching TV. Well, I finally decided to do it.

On the way to the shop, there was a Pink Floyd song playing on the radio, and it said something to the effect........."All you do, and all you see, and all you touch is all you'll ever be" or something close to that.

SO......as I was describing what I wanted done to the car, the painter asked, "Did you ever consider red metal flake combined in with the black paint?" I looked at the guy, smiled, and said "Do It!"

I'll send pictures next week if anyone is interested.

Steve Nix, President
Performance Drivers' Club, Inc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts