Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally figured out what was rattling in my car - its the button you press on the parking brake! Does anyone else have this issue? I was thinking of using a little foam padding around the base of the button so it did not contact the brake lever and vibrate. Anyone have any neat solutions for this?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah, mine rattles like mad (took me almost 2 years to figure out that it was the parking brake lever, I previously thought it was rattling coming from the shifter). I actually was thinking about taking mine apart and stretching out the little spring that holds the button out a bit. I need to do the same with the door for the ashtray (it doesn't close all the way anymore). Damn cheap springs..... :mah:

·
Registered
70 Posts
My girl's volkswagen has this problem, it is one of the only rattles in the car. It took us months to figure out this was the noise. I have been trying to think of a way to fix this myself, she wont let me go too crazy on the fix :mah:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of using that thin (1-2mm thick) foam padding that has the sticky back. I'd wrap it around and try and tuck it under the lip of the lever hole a bit.. The goal would be to try and keep button from hitting the inner sides of the lever.

Has anyone noticed this sound to be intermittent? - probably why its so hard to find! When I hear the sound, I just press the button in and let it snap back and it goes away.. :idea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts