Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 2: The Z is BACK !!! (Oil Consumption)

Well - well .... after 1 week total on this project, new gaskets, seals, bolts, and god only knows how much torque wrench use :D .... here is the block, ready to inserted back in, from bottom of my beauty! Block has new rings and was totally resassembled and cleaned.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Great pixs -- but alittle large :D. Looks like they shop doing the work knows what they are doing. Hope she comes out great for you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Rob,

Looks like you will be back on your feet/wheels soon. :cool: Hope everything works out to your satisfaction. Thanks for sharing!! :cool:

BTW, I resized the pix so it would make it easier on our members to view.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok the Z is back. After a 30 minute test drive and a full inspection with a second set of eyes, at the dealer last night ... I took her home. The mechanic who did the job did the following:

1.Removed block (doh) - It had to be done, by GM's standards!

2. Cleaned block / decarbonized entire block - needed it !

3. Installed 8 sets of rings, and some kind of secondary ringset on the oil control and compression pistons.

4. Installed all new gaskets, bolts and fluids.

5. Reinstalled engine - realigned the whole car.

GM gave:

1. 75,000 mi / 6 year extended warranty - $0 deductible
2. 3 Free oil changes (whoopie, at $65 a pop - oh well!!)

He told me , right when I was picking up the car:

Go ahead , have fun with it - right now ... no need to break in - due to the ring setup - and I said .. ok - off I went.

So far, the car has seen 6000 rpm only once, when I got really anxious this morning - and normal driving no more then 3500 rpm on each shift. I love it, it feels strong as hell - and definetely going to the Virginia SkyLine cruise tomorrow and over the weekend ... Any Z06 fans wanna chat, see ya there !!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts