Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer two weeks ago to have them put in a new radio since my cd player died. Since the car is still pretty new I had them look at the brakes which I thought squeaked excessively. They said that the right front pads were defective - the guy said it looked like someone had chiseld a little piece out of them. Nothing serious, but they would order a new one.

Well, I got the card in the mail. Part #88952008. I just wanted to make sure by checking with you guys that I was getting the 2002 new and improved pad. Didn't want one of each year on the front wheels.

chris

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but shouldn't they be changing out both Left and right pad sets at the same time????

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked them about that, and they said it was still new enough that it wouldn't make a difference. I will question them about it again and ask them for a measurement on the thickness of each.

So, does anyone know if this is the right part number? When I search GM parts direct, all it shows is that this is a front brake kit.

chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts