Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Partition Group Purchase Informaton -- PLEASE READ!!

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  ZeeOhSix 
#1 · (Edited)
Partition Group Purchase Informaton -- PLEASE READ !!

Hey Guys,

The FRC partition group purchase has ended on Sept 30th. According to Nate, there was enough preliminary orders (~20) to make the GP happen.

For those who want to get their partition coming, please contact Nate at the number(s) below. The following info was from Nate to me in a private email:

---------------------------------------------
"Go ahead and have everyone interested contact me asap at 806-798-0246. I will be leaving for AZ in the next couple of days but have a new number for the shop there in case Im there. 480-517-4969. I will take the orders for the 02s and ship when we have the carpet issue resolved."
--------------------------------------------------

The price of the partiction is $310 + shipping, regaurdless of the style you want. Just let Nate know what year Z you have, and what style partition you want. Here are the options:

99-2001 carpeted both sides-black
99-2001 carpet and vinyl -black
99-2001 carpet and vinyl - black - red

2002 - Special black -unavailable as of 9-26-2001.
Same material combinations available as 99-01 models

Here's some info on the red partitions for you mod red guys:D.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5123

Nate will take down all the pertainate info and get your partition coming ASAP.

I'm sure that Andy will get the 2002 carpet to match reasonably, so anyone with a 2002 who is in the GP shouldn't let that stop you at this point. Hopefully, Vetterman can get his pics and input to us ASAP so we can get a better feeling for the 02 match.

I posted this info in the GP thread also, but when I called Nate to commit my order I asked him if people have been callling in yet -- he said I was the 1st, so I thought I better start a separate thread for more visability and let you guys know what to do next :D.

If you still want a partition at the GP price, please give Nate a call :D.

Here's the original GP thread:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4128

For those of you who just discovered this, it's probably still possible to get one for GP price -- just give Nate a call and tell him you want in on the GP.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
TTT

Update -- For you guys with 2002 Z's who might be concerned about the carpet matching issue, please go see the latest in the partition group buy thread. Andy is working on finding a good match for the 2002 OEM carpet, so the match will be as close as possible.

#5 · (Edited)
PLEASE READ THIS

I just got an email from Nate that tells me that only 3 people (including myself) have called in to verify/commit to their partition order! There where about 20 people who originally signed up for the group purchase with Nate, now they are not responding to confirm. I don't know if its because they have changed their mind or are not seeing this information -- hopfully the latter.

Obviously, the carpet matching issues on the 2002 models will get
resolved, so anyone with a 2002 who had reservations should be informed enough to make the decision.

If you want a partition for the group purchase price, PLEASE call Nate as instructed above in this thread.

Thanks! :D

#7 ·
Re: PLEASE READ THIS

ZeeOhSix said:
Nate tells me my 2002 partition will be sent out in the next day or two, so there is no big backorder going on.
Not so fast ... I just spoke with Andy of Z06 Parts Inc this morning; he informed me that although he was confident in his ability to effectively resolve the color match issue, he could not commit to exactly when the 'new' product would in fact ship. He of course can't ship the '02 product until he receives the appropriate gross carpet goods.

Don't shoot the messenger here; I too am still waiting on a partition and two center cargo covers promised me. I do tend to think Andy will deliver the new goods, just not as fast as some of us might like. Good news is that it appears progress is being made.

#10 · (Edited)
VetterMan said:

Not so fast ... I just spoke with Andy of Z06 Parts Inc this morning; he informed me that although he was confident in his ability to effectively resolve the color match issue, he could not commit to exactly when the 'new' product would in fact ship. He of course can't ship the '02 product until he receives the appropriate gross carpet goods.

Don't shoot the messenger here; I too am still waiting on a partition and two center cargo covers promised me. I do tend to think Andy will deliver the new goods, just not as fast as some of us might like. Good news is that it appears progress is being made.
Vetterman -- thanks for the update and clarification. This is the message I'm now getting also. I misunderstood Nate on him sending me a partition for my 02 now -- unless he's sending me a 99~01 :eek:! I better find out!

This shouldn't be this complicated, but it seems to have fallen in that direction :D. It will all work out soon.

Bottom line for you 2002 guys. If you still want a partition, get your order confirmed now, and when Andy gets the correct carpet in hand, he will build to order and send them out. Latest info sounds like the 02 partitions are ~2 weeks away.

#11 ·
Is it too late to get in on the group purchase for a 2002 partition? Sorry guys, just got my car purchased this last weekend, and NOW it's time to buy everything under the sun for it... so far today: TRIC T1 intake, B&M Ripper shifter, !CAGS, and Stratmosphere floor mats with the grey Z06 logo. :)

#12 ·
Jim -- I'm sure Nate would go for it. Seems like alot of guys who originally wanted in on the GP have not confirmed their orders, so I'm sure Nate would sell to a new comer at the GP price. Just give Nate a call at the numbers listed above :D.

#13 ·
Just for the record, Andy's partition seems to be a pretty close match to the carpeting in my '02 which cam off the line in very early August....I ordered the partition from Nate a couple of weeks before that. Maybe i have some leftover '01 carpeting??

#14 ·
Not to get off the topic, but...

Are the people ordering partitions also ordering the rear center compartment cover with the hinged door? I'm assuming this is so that you don't have to remove the partition every time you want to access the hidey hole under that cover, right? At $60 (Corvette Forum Mall) it seems like a no-brainer.

Also, I've seen three prices now... $360 (Corvette Forum Mall), $310 + shipping (see link below), and the "normal" price of $399, or whatever it will sell for outside the GP. WHICH is the correct price for the group purchase? $310 or $360?

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4128&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

I want in, but I would like a closer match to the 2002 trunk carpet, if possible. I realize it's the "trunk", but it's the little details that count. :)

THANKS!!

#15 ·
Jim -- the price of the group buy partition is $310 + shipping, as stated in the original post in this thread and the GP thread. If you go to Nates websight (http://www.xmotorsports.com/gp/), you will see he had it priced at $360 under that sights group purchase. BUT this GP was a 'one time deal' that was special to the Z06Vette board, instigated by me to Nate.

Also, if you have read all the info in the GP thread, you will see that this is the first time that Andy (the maker of the partitions) is offering carpet on both sides if the buyer so desires (instead of vinyl).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.