Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have emailed me asking for a copy of the CAD drawing and/or a print up of the template, it's almost done! I spent about a half hour today making revisions to the cardboard model and I finally got the ends to be almost a perfect fit. Now I just need to change the drawing and check it once more.

Hopefully I'll get it done over the weekend.
-Dugan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Okie dokie, I did the revisions on the CAD drawing at lunch today and tommorrow I'll do another cardboard model. I think I have it almost perfect. Hopefully by Monday I'll have it done and ready to send to all you guys. In case anyone emailed me today, my DSL line was down at work so I didn't get it. Since I'm the only person at work that knows how to use a mouse, I got the dubious distinction of being "network administrator". Hopefully I can get Ameritech to get our DSL online tommorrow.

I'm in CHicago and my car is going into the garage for the winter on Monday. Over the winter I'll have enough time to make a stained glass partition! :p

Later,
Dugan
:cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new drawing is done and I'll make a mock up tommorrow. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain here tommorrow so I won't be able to check it out in my car till tommorrow night. I'll take some pics tommorrow of the cardboard model.
-Dugan

GO BEARS

:guiness:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's done! The actual CAD file is on my computer at work. Ameritech is still trying to fix our DSL line at work but hopefully I can mail it out to you wednessday afternoon.

Here are some pics documenting the mission.

Here is the origonal trace I got from Gmblack3

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know these pics are the greatest, but it's the best I can put up on here.

Here is the last model I made.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's a shot of the model in the car from the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from the back

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll try and give some tips on building when I send out the drawing. Thanks to all those interested.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
av8ter, thanks for the thanks. You're already on the list. I'll be emailing out the CAD file on Wednessday to everyone who's asked for it, if our DSL is back online. If it's not I'll bring the file home and sent it out from here. If you want the template and haven't already, just email me.
-Dugan

·
Registered
778 Posts
catphish,

I hardly dare to ask, as a new guy, but could I get on the distribution for the partition. I have a FRC and a 2002 Z06 that I'd love to make partitions for. I used to live up there, and flew out of Midway doing WGN Traffic and WMAQ TV News. Kinda prompted me to move to Texas <GRIN>!

Joe Syslo ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No problem Slyck, just email me.

BTW. my cable modem at home decided to crap out on me this morning!! Can you believe I'm getting screw by ameritech (work) AND AT&T (home) at the same time??:mad: I'll get that file out when I get one of them up and running again. I'm typing this over AOL.
-Dugan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a couple more pics i took last night. The only changes to it were that I rounded off the bottom corners slightly and slapped on some green paper over the front to try and reduce the contrast in the photos so they might be a little clearer. A few more layers of cardboard and I could just use the model as a partition! :p

Here is the revised model

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here it is in the car from the front left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
flipped it around and then took this shot of the left side from the trunk.

My DSL line should be up in the next 4 or 5 hours and I'll be sending out the drawing itself by the end of the day so you guys can have a weekend project.
-Dugan

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts