Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this subject, but got no hits.

I remember several threads, but can't find them.

It appears something inside my passenger side door is scratching the window as it is being lowered and raised.

Anyone else have this problem? What is the fix? Is there a service bulletin on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

It's FRIDAY!!!

:cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not that you don't know the difference between scratches and smudges but...... I have some kind of oil or grease smudges on the back portion of the passenger side window. It comes right off with a little glass cleaner but it is an a pain.:-?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ouch! I'd get it to the dealer for some Warranty work. Sounds like something inside the door, maybe the window lift mechanism, is loose and is scraping the window. Is it on the outside or inside of the window. No offense intended on your observation. I thought the same thing on mine when I first looked at it. But upon further inspection it is grease.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
This happened to my 95' on the drivers side...Don't put your window up and down during the winter months!!! It's from sand getting wedged in between the glass and weather stripping. Try to wash the windows freaquently:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 02 Z is doing the same thing, except that it is on the drivers side. These are scratches! It is getting worse every time I drive. And have the windows down. Took it too one dealership and they said that they thought that they could fix it by sanding it out. I said yea Right? You won't sand anything on my car. When I took it in they completely ignored the fact that the scratches were there and said I needed a new window motor. I said the damn window motor works fine what about the scratches. The mechanic said that the window motor would stop it from scratching. I said bull theirs nothing wrong with the window motor something is scratching the window every time I lower it. So what about my window? You need to replace it. He said the service manager is out of town we'll ask him what to do when he gets back. I said why don't you go ahead and order the window now so it can be installed when I come back. He said, I have to wait and ask the service Manager. I left. Also, has anyone had any problems with their clutch???? My whole car shakes when I try to take off when letting the clutch out. The car doesn't even have 900 miles and has been doing this since the day I brought it home. I took it back and told the dealership and they let this same dumbass mechanic drive it and he says it normal. So I take him for a ride and he tells me that I don't know how to drive a stick shift properly. I laugh at him and ask him what is properly? He couldn't tell me. So I left and found another dealership to try. I am suppose to take it next tuesday we'll see what happens. BTW the other dealership call me now a week later and said that the window motor was still not in?????????? Mine isn't broke!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Rosso Z & Brian,
I had this problem on two of my previous '01 Coupe and Convertable Vettes. Both of them had scratches on the drivers side glass, and they both had the same type of scratches (dual parallel scratches) and both cars came that way from the factory. Funny thing on both cars, I didn't notice it at the dealerships but did the next day.
The dealership has to order you side window glass from the factory and install it. Go back to your dealerships and tell them to order replacement glass because it is covered under warranty.

carzzy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts