Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mixed emotions....Would love to have an 06, have one on order...Just cannot make sense of the huge hit $$$ on my blown mint 01 Z and a new one...Will end up with a 625 rwhp car, maybe a bit more....Wish i could do both, but i think my wife might think i lost it.... :crazy: :z:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Mixed emotions....Would love to have an 06, have one on order...Just cannot make sense of the huge hit $$$ on my blown mint 01 Z and a new one...Will end up with a 625 rwhp car, maybe a bit more....Wish i could do both, but i think my wife might think i lost it.... :crazy: :z:
I can relate to your situation. There is no way in hell I'd give up my 01 for what it would bring. I'm sure your ECS project will rock. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think you're making the most rational decision. Our current gen. Zs are easy to modify to a point easily exceeding the performance of the next gen. car for far less $$$. Besides, our gen looks better, IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I will try to get into a position where I can afford a used C6 Z06 but either way I will keep my 01 anyways. Remember when it starts getting a little wear....restore it, it is a Corvette :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
I feel your pain. I sold my 03 last year so I could buy the C6 Z but I never expected it to be priced so fricking high. I just can't spend that much. damn this sucks.

Good luck with the new motor!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I think you are making the right deceision ! Chris and Doug will take care of you ! I'd like to and need to have them forge the btm endon my Z soon ! I stiil like the looks of the c5 better at this time !

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Rob .. all you gotta do to get Lori to agree is to hurt yours first - or buy her a new car .... or get her to drink a LOT of Aftershock before you ask/beg .. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AKA I believe a forged bottom end is the best way to go if you plan on 500+ RWHP with a blower.

Les

Rob1Vet said:
I think you are making the right deceision ! Chris and Doug will take care of you ! I'd like to and need to have them forge the btm endon my Z soon ! I stiil like the looks of the c5 better at this time !

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you have an 06 available to you maybe you could sell your place in line on ebay. ;)

dbvettez061 said:

·
Registered
200 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Mixed emotions....Would love to have an 06, have one on order...Just cannot make sense of the huge hit $$$ on my blown mint 01 Z and a new one..
Having both a C5 and a C6 doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. When would you drive them?

When I saw how little the C5's were worth on the used market a few years ago I decided to go Forced Induction.

Good Luck,

Mark

·
Registered
858 Posts
Basically I dont think the C6Z will have any better track characteristics than the C5Z (chassis not any better IMHO).

I personally would have rather seen a C6Z priced similar to the C5Z without the dry sump, TI engine parts, & massive brakes. The very small percentage of people who are hard core road racers and actually need this crap would have gladly paid to have it installed right after they rip out the interior and install a cage.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
niphilli said:
I personally would have rather seen a C6Z priced similar to the C5Z without the dry sump, TI engine parts, & massive brakes. The very small percentage of people who are hard core road racers and actually need this crap would have gladly paid to have it installed right after they rip out the interior and install a cage.
Couldn't have said it any better!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
515 Posts
The old Z06 can still rumble in any jungle with attention to modification details. Power is power so crank up the C5 and do battle with the new C6!

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
niphilli said:
Basically I dont think the C6Z will have any better track characteristics than the C5Z (chassis not any better IMHO).

TOTALLY:thumb:

·
21,386 Posts
I'm happy with my car. It still gets looks, it's still a Corvette, and it's mine!

I would like to have a 427 with a couple of blow dryers though!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
Rob .. all you gotta do to get Lori to agree is to hurt yours first - or buy her a new car .... or get her to drink a LOT of Aftershock before you ask/beg .. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AKA I believe a forged bottom end is the best way to go if you plan on 500+ RWHP with a blower.

Les
I'll agree but I have 600hp now if I forge I want 700 hp ! I'm not greedy !

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
jub jub said:
I'm happy with my car. It still gets looks, it's still a Corvette, and it's mine!

I would like to have a 427 with a couple of blow dryers though!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I still owe you one !

Rob

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input....Guess i'll keep buying those lotto tickets!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Couldn't agree more with the previous opinions re our beloved C5 Z's vs the new one. :yeadog: I am also in the planning stages to do an upgrade with ECS - hopefully a LS2-based 427. :thumb:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I agree with all of you guys.

Now that we have all rationalized our decision to keep our C5Zs and mod them some more, let's get real honest!

How many of us wouldn't just run right out and put a C6Z in the garage next to the C5Z if the money, marriage, etc. were non-issues?

I know I would! And mod it too!!

:yeadog:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts