Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sitting with FRC Tom at lunch today when Adam Boca called Tom. The result of the call was a new seminar for the Fest.

Thursday from 4-5 pm - PCM Tuning Basics presented by our own FRC Tom.

This should be a great seminar to get introduced to the basics of tuning the PCM using the HP Tuners scanning and tuning software.

For those that do not know, FRC Tom has spent more time scanning and tuning LSx engines of all kinds over the last few years than anybody I know.

He has extensive knowledge of what makes our cars and our engines work at peak perfomrance with everything from stock setups to Twin Turbo sets and everything in between.

Mark your Fest schedules now, this is gonna be a good one...

Mark

·
21,355 Posts
Allrighty then! I was thinking about asking Tom if I could pick his brain on some tuning tips but figured he was already going to be a very popular guy and not have much time for answering questions. Now if I can just rope him into a corner... :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Madvetter said:
Is this the same or like the LS-1 Edit program :-?
Same but different.
It does everything LS1 edit does, the layout and tables are just set up a little differently.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
IMHO, FRC Tom, (aka the Z06 Whisperer) is probably one of the best HP Tuners Guru's anywhere! No bull, he really knows
his way around this great tuning software package. My car runs GREAT, and its all because Tom, Greg and HP Tuners
ROCKS! Should be a great seminar, not to be missed. :jammin:

Jim

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Sounds great ! Would love to learn more for self tuning !

Rob :jammin:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
This seminar is basicly to show the novice how to do the basics and I will try to answer any questions asked of me as far as head and cam tuning, forced induction, etc.
The PCM has tons of tables most of which have nothing to do with performance.
Tuning still comes down to the basics air, fuel and spark.
The difference is you are using a laptop instead of a timing light and screwdriver.
I appreciate Mr. Lembo's confidence in me, but he is a bit bias.
My dad can beat up your dad.
I still learn something new all the time and there are a number of people that know alot more than I do.
I'm just willing to share what I've learned. It's a great feeling as you know to be able to do things yourself. Be it a CAI install or changing out a torque tube in the NCM parking lot.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Tomasy said:
Tom itis really great of you to do this!
That's just me Tom.
Looking foward to seeing you again.
Maybe we'll switch out that old box of yours.

·
10,998 Posts
Thanks for doing this Tom. I will be there and I will videotape it (comb your hair, look pretty :D ). You will have more people show up than we get with the moderator's forum. :lol:

You might consider making up some powerpoint slides or jpg pic files so you have something to talk from. If you have nothing maybe we can do some screen captures on Tuesday/Wed and convert them to a form that the Museum audiovisual system can display. I will bring my pc -> TV video converttor with my laptop so we can be prepared for anything. It is easier to talk from slides than off the top of your head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts