Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'd like to install a pcv oil catch can on my Z. I'm getting oil sucked in the P1SC unit I'm running and its ponding at the bottom of it, by the drain plug. Its not a lot of oil, but its the only place the car is leaking anything. Its a pain in the butt to get to and clean. I've seen a cool aluminum setup that is about 2 2/1" in diameter and 5" tall, but it so tight in the engine bay, I don't know where to mount it. You folks have any ideas where to mount such a unit?

Thanks for you input.

Zrod

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I think you are referring to the AMW catch can. It's a very nice part. I've got the silver colored one on my car. Mine is mounted to the right of the TB if you're sitting in the car. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Zrod said:
Hi folks,

I'd like to install a pcv oil catch can on my Z. I'm getting oil sucked in the P1SC unit I'm running and its ponding at the bottom of it, by the drain plug. Its not a lot of oil, but its the only place the car is leaking anything. Its a pain in the butt to get to and clean. I've seen a cool aluminum setup that is about 2 2/1" in diameter and 5" tall, but it so tight in the engine bay, I don't know where to mount it. You folks have any ideas where to mount such a unit?

Thanks for you input.

Zrod
Mine is mounted on the passenger-side of the engine behind the Katech belt tensioner.... I think this is like Case2307's and near the TB. Give me an e-mail and I'll send you some photos.

Viper Eater

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
case2307 said:
I think you are referring to the AMW catch can. It's a very nice part. I've got the silver colored one on my car. Mine is mounted to the right of the TB if you're sitting in the car. :guiness:
Ditto...I have the same product. MTI sells them.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
case2307 said:
I think you are referring to the AMW catch can. It's a very nice part.
We have that one also in Blue

:cheers:

·
Registered
971 Posts
LPE Catch Can

The best catch can by far for the C5/Z06 is sold by LPE and has a mounting bracket. It looks stock and comes with a filter in the can.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help folks. Will spend a little time this weekend searching for a good catch can location and check out LPE and AMW units.

Thanks
Zrod

·
Registered
971 Posts
Zrod
No Problem. With LPE can it is mounted in the perfect spot for incoming and returns lines. You do not have to figure out where to mount it.
GR

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
Zrod
No Problem. With LPE can it is mounted in the perfect spot for incoming and returns lines. You do not have to figure out where to mount it.
GR
I'm pretty sure they use the AMW can...it comes with a mounting bracket that bolts up in the perfect spot. :guiness:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I do not think so. We should post pictures of both. I am positive I have seen the AMW can and its not as nice a setup...but its late.

Just checked, they are not the same. I have seen this one before in person, the LPE can is better imo.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
KCMAGS said:
The AMW unit is as good as it get's. IMO :z:
:yeadog: I have one as well. Just emptied it last night as a matter of fact. After several hundred hard track miles there were a few tablespoons of oil in it.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
I do not think so. We should post pictures of both. I am positive I have seen the AMW can and its not as nice a setup...but its late.

Just checked, they are not the same. I have seen this one before in person, the LPE can is better imo.

Here's a pic...

:cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
KCMAGS said:
Casey, Please explain your hook up. Are you tee'd off your small breather into your can?
No...the breather is just connected to the cylinder head...it's not connected to the can. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
case2307 said:
No...the breather is just connected to the cylinder head...it's not connected to the can. :cheers:
Where is your can inlet coming from? I need a little free edumacation. :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Grim,

In looking at the pic posted above, wheither its an LPE or AMW, I can't mount it there. A&A's brackets and blower are there. I'll be lifting the car this weekend for an oil change and spend some time looking for a good spot forward of the radiator and intercooler on the passanger side.

thanks again
Zrod

1 - 20 of 26 Posts