Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.
Recently posted about oil on the bottom of the ATI blower caused by PCV feeding into the air cleaner. I ran a test to make sure it was and PCV and not a leaky drain plug on the ATI unit. I unhooked the PCV from the air cleaner and ran the hose out the bottom of the engine bay. Well after 300 miles of driving, the blower is dry on the bottom. The tip I got from the service tech at ATI was correct. The PCV was the culprit. Just wanted to pass this info along, in case anybody was experiencing the same symptoms as me.

Cheers

Zrod

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sounds like your valley tray is defective ... one of the things that caused exessive oil consumption through the PCV system on the Zees.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZeeOhSix

The valley metal was changed out at the same time the re-ring was done, had one of the oil burners. The amount of oil I was getting around the blower drain plug wasn't much, maybe a teaspoon every 500 miles or so. Its not a lot of oil, but enough to bug me.
Still, its possible that the replacement isn't good either. What would be a normal amount of oil passing into the air cleaner on a Procharged car?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
You can also upgrade to the LS2 PCV check valve. :yeadog:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The LS6 valve sits up and down and the little ball inside gets sucked to the bottom...blocking the hole. The LS2 valve has a pin sized hole and no ball.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
case2307 said:
The LS6 valve sits up and down and the little ball inside gets sucked to the bottom...blocking the hole. The LS2 valve has a pin sized hole and no ball.
So is it just a direct swap from LS6 to LS2 PCV valve? If so, is this supposed to help oil consumption go down? The LS2 valve sounds like it would allow the intake to suck on the PCV system all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts