Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many members are making the PDA DE at Pocono on the 21st?

Post here! :z:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm in. Hoping that ECS has my H/C package completed before then otherwise I will be the slow poke on the track... :blush:

Meeting up with Geneus (Don) and Dr. Ron on rt78 in NJ.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Wicked Weasel said:
I'm in. Hoping that ECS has my H/C package completed before then otherwise I will be the slow poke on the track... :blush:

Meeting up with Geneus (Don) and Dr. Ron on rt78 in NJ.
I'm no "genius," but I am Geneus at the CF site...thank you Bob/Wicked Weasel. :yeadog:

Yep, can't wait for Sunday the 21st. :thumb: With an 8 second 1/4 mile,I wonder what Paul's TT Z06 would do at Pocono? :eek: :D

Don

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recieved my e-mail confirmation today! :thumb:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don Benson said:
I'm no "genius," but I am Geneus at the CF site...thank you Bob/Wicked Weasel. :yeadog:

Yep, can't wait for Sunday the 21st. :thumb: With an 8 second 1/4 mile,I wonder what Paul's TT Z06 would do at Pocono? :eek: :D

Don

I know I forgot that you use multiple names.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got mine too. Looked over the details and says I need a SA-95 helmet. Unfortunately mine is only a M-95 helmet. I would buy the SA-2005, but of course they are not out yet. I sent a email to PDA asking if the M-95 was good until the SA-2005 were out. We will see.

The mandatory meeting and the tech inspect are early, but that does give us more track time. :yeadog:

So lets see it is 2.0 hours from home - have to be there around 7:30 - :jawdrop: 5:00 am wake up call....

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wicked Weasel said:
Got mine too. Looked over the details and says I need a SA-95 helmet. Unfortunately mine is only a M-95 helmet. I would buy the SA-2005, but of course they are not out yet. I sent a email to PDA asking if the M-95 was good until the SA-2005 were out. We will see.

The mandatory meeting and the tech inspect are early, but that does give us more track time. :yeadog:

So lets see it is 2.0 hours from home - have to be there around 7:30 - :jawdrop: 5:00 am wake up call....

M is a motorcycle rating, SA=Special Application as in auto racing. If you were to by an SA95 it would be ok to use until 2010. I'm not sure how stricked they are on the helmet issue but they are about their schedule. Just a tip also, when you bring your car to tech, make sure that everything that is not attached to the interior/ glove box/ trunk/ ect. of the car is removed. Including floor mats. See ya at the track. :thumb: :cheers:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dr.Ron said:
I got mine. I don't like the time the inspection starts though & the MANDATORY driver meeting...It made me nautious actually thinking of the time I'd have to leave the house to make it there on time!!!!! :bang: :(
Ron

:lol: Its not that bad, you'll appreciate it when you get on the track. It will be worth the early start. :cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bad Machine said:
M is a motorcycle rating, SA=Special Application as in auto racing. If you were to by an SA95 it would be ok to use until 2010. I'm not sure how stricked they are on the helmet issue but they are about their schedule. Just a tip also, when you bring your car to tech, make sure that everything that is not attached to the interior/ glove box/ trunk/ ect. of the car is removed. Including floor mats. See ya at the track. :thumb: :cheers:
First, the car is at ECS and will have the H/C package done before Sunday's event. I should see about 440RWHP with the 4.10 gears. Glad that I will have a chance to test it at Pocono. Not too many places you can fool around with all the HP....

Second, just got an email back from PDA and they said I could use my M95 helmet for this run and the Watkins Glenn run as long as the helmet was in good shape. I will buy a new helmet in the winter once the SA-2005s are out.

Third, thanks for the tip. I will have to remove a few things. glad that I don't need the Radar Detector at the track.

Finally, Ron I talked to Don and he said we had to meet between 5 and 5:30 on Rt78 to make it there in time. That would mean we would leave our area around 4:30 am - OUCH! I am looking at directions now to see how long it will take....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Wicked Weasel said:
Finally, Ron I talked to Don and he said we had to meet between 5 and 5:30 on Rt78 to make it there in time. That would mean we would leave our area around 4:30 am - OUCH! I am looking at directions now to see how long it will take....
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Maybe a stay over the night before is in order......
Ron

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Maybe a stay over the night before is in order......
Ron

My wife arleady asked me why I was not staying over and I did not have a good answer. Maybe though it will be harder to get up when we come back to the hotel all

:drunken:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
I thought of that as well, but at least the drive would be over already...How long is the ride anyway Bob?
Ron

I am guessing around 2.5 hours which includes time to get everyone together and time to stop for gas before the track.

It is over 100 miles from our house to Long Pond, PA.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Wicked Weasel said:
I am guessing around 2.5 hours which includes time to get everyone together and time to stop for gas before the track.

It is over 100 miles from our house to Long Pond, PA.
Once we meet up on 78, it shouldn't take us more than 90 minutes to get to Pocono....don't forget, it'll be 5:30 am...the only thing we'll need to be on the lookout for are deer. :yeadog:

Don

1 - 20 of 48 Posts