Corvette Z06 Forum banner

peace of mind

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Zrod 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Finally got my car back from A&A. Now I finally have a little peace of mind, regarding longevity with my S/C setup. So, I'm sportin A&A forged motor, MMS stage II heads, LGM longtubes and cats, 218/218, .561 .561, LSA 114 cam, Luk Pro Gold clutch and flywheel, Prochager P1SC w/ A&A kit, 3.85" pulley. The CR is now 9.5:1 instead of 11:1, the car is running much cooler. Here is the new dyno:

581rwhp and 506 rwtq. Torque curve looks pretty flat for a centrifugal setup.

So, now if I want more power, maybe a D1SC (650rwhp all day with this setup), I won't be shootin myself in the foot if I go for it.

Best to you all

Zrod

See less See more
#4 ·
Enjoy your new peace of mind! :thumb:

You have done what I plan to do in the future, but I hope it isn't looming too close as a necessity. The enjoyment of a SC Z06 like mine (with a stock bottom end) and boost comes with the small reminder in the back of the mind that this exhilaration might be short lived. :jawdrop: Meanwhile.....WOT!

#8 ·
Tom, Andi made the same comment about the torque curve. Until my wallet recovers, I'm gonna leave well enough alone.

BBaxR6, Yea, Andi is a real straight shooter, good doin business with him.

Rob, Yes its A&A's single intercooler kit, I've had the P1SC installed for about a year now. At the time, the D1SC didn't seem to be necessary in order to make the power goal.

#10 ·
silvertp

no more cubes, just a bit more strength. The new dyno is about the same as before the forged motor 575 rwhp vs 581 rwhp and 483 rwtq vs 506 rwtq. The new setup is blower friendly and feels smooth as silk.

#13 ·
GR8 White and It L GO,
Thanks guys, real happy with the new setup so far. Just got to let the pocket book recover a bit before the quest for a D1 becomes a mandate!!

Best to Ya

Zrod

#14 ·
Very nice, Rod! You did the smart thing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.