Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Please, no anecdotal comments...I just want to hear from those who have made the change on their own car.

What difference in braking feel did you notice after going to SS brake lines? Was the difference noteworthy?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes, with -3 teflon lined lines and -3AN connectors.

Modulation is more precise and pedal "feel" is more positive. Difference is especially evident when fluid is hot.

It also allows easier trail braking but I do not like to trail brake in the C5 Z06.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I went to SS lines,track pads and fluid after suffering severe brake fade (turn 5 at Road America). I have used different pads and each of those has a different feel to them (initial bite etc.) I can't see how SS lines alone will make a very big difference. A sad fact of the Z06 is the brakes are overboosted(I heard one race instructor say they are like that so women in high heels can stop the car with their big toes).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
UstaB-GS549 said:
I felt no change in two cars I did. Just peace of mind.
My sentiments exactly. Did my C4 and my Z and no change in pedal feel. When I changed to Grand Sport calipers and Hawk HP Plus pads in my C4...then I felt a difference.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What DJWorm said--if you use lines from Mallett or DRM. I did not notice a "measurable" difference between stock lines and "stock" SS line replacements.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I wanted to rule out SS lines as a contributor to my spongy pedal feel (see post in racing section). Your experiences sound like what I was expecting to feel. Looks like the SS lines were not a cuprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts