Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Zippy at the track yesterday. who else is coming? there was about a dozen cars at the corral wednesday. the #4 car almost hit the wall coming out of the esses in the first practice. Hope to see more vettes today as there are vette parade laps around 6pm. See ya'll up there.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Yeah ... I hate you both :mah: ....
Jealousy ... pure and simple :eek::
One day ... hopefully sooner rather than later ... :thumb:
I hear that Aaron Quine is down there, and Lou G is tearing it up :thumb:
... Enjoy! ... and please tease us with your inside stories! :jammin:
:ity:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Corvette Corral had way over 100 vettes Thursday. beauitful cars including Wil Cooksey's jetstream Z. He lead the parade laps.(3) It was a thing of beauty! Night practice is fun to watch,but a light drizzle put a damper on the second hour. Maserati is competiting in GT1 and looks and sounds great. Hope for a good race from them.
On the way back to Suwanee coming down I-85 south. speed limit 70.doing 75. I got passed by what I think was a orange C6Z that had to have been going at least twice as fast as I was. I have been buzzed by crotch rockets before but not a Z! That car was FAST.
Back to the track Friday,get some autographs on my fuel rail cover.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rained this morning at the track. Slow practice and touring race. Clearing up for this afternoon. C6R autograph line was longest in paddock. Just before it started I saw Ron Fellows go up and get Chris Ecomomaki's autograph on a helmet. He sure is looking old and I checked, he's 87, but hell he was at the race!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hugoagogo,
We'll be at Petit LeMans in the Corvette Corral this weekend. Look for our stage 2 Z06.
We'll be there on Saturday, promoting a few things like Engine packages and our Dyno day/free picnic on October 27th.
Hope to see you guys there!

Stephen
MTI Racing

·
Registered
476 Posts
Katech has two Z's with their motor packages on the midway that look awesome.
Maserati has the pole in GT1(1:[email protected]) almost a second and mile and a half faster per lap. New track record for Audi 1:08.9
The race is on Speed Channnel now until 10:30 pm eastern. Unfortunately, Jan Magnussen crashed the "3" C6R early in the race and it's a DNF.

Too Bad because Ron Fellows was scheduled to drive. I really hated too see Magnussen join the team. This happens too often with his style of racing!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to break away from the house for 1/2 the day sat and was able to get over there for the start and 1st half of the race. Here's a few shots I got of the C6R. The one of Magnuson (neon banner on the top, side shot going up turn 1) was either the lap he crashed, or the one before. I was making my way up to the top of the esses (on foot), 3 more min and I would have had a shot of him going off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts