Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some Pfatty Sways for my 03 Z06.

I can't wait to get them installed, but I have some concerns over damaging the splines on the bar when sliding on the lock ring and arms. The lock ring fits VERY tight and I am curious as to how to get them on, let alone the arms. Do I need to buff out some material from inside the lock rings first?

Aaron, perhaps you could do a bit of a write up to expand on the instructions that come with the bars. Once the rings and arms are installed, the rest looks easy.

Thanks

Gord

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just purchased some Pfatty Sways for my 03 Z06.

I can't wait to get them installed, but I have some concerns over damaging the splines on the bar when sliding on the lock ring and arms. The lock ring fits VERY tight and I am curious as to how to get them on, let alone the arms. Do I need to buff out some material from inside the lock rings first?

Aaron, perhaps you could do a bit of a write up to expand on the instructions that come with the bars. Once the rings and arms are installed, the rest looks easy.

Thanks

Gord
Gord,

The lock rings are sometimes tight going over the splines because the material gets pushed up as the splines are cut. Usually the rears are a little tighter than the fronts, but if they go on straight, they will go right over. You can also try a little twist motion with the rings (in case there is a small burr). The chromoly of the bar will be harder than the aluminum rings so there is no risk of damage to the splines.

We are now shipping the bars with a nice pair of install tools. Those make getting the orange arms on the bars and aligned correctly a snap.

The install is basically this:

Assemble the endlinks
Assemble the bars by installing the bushings, lock rings and orange arms. Leave the lock rings loose for now.
Install the bars on the vehicle
Center the bars and tighten the lock rings
Attach the endlinks

They are really a simple setup to install even without a lift.

Feel free to call for any tips if you are having problems.

thanks,
Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts