Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering PFC Z-Rated Pads for autocross, HPDE's, and light cross-country rallies.

Any opinions on these pads, or, would Panther Plus's be a better option. :-?

Car is a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Recommend Panther + for the rears and Carbotech XP8 for the fronts. I change over to the Durastop Ceramic pads for the street, and use separate rotors for the track vs. street. :D

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have run PFC Z pads on the street and for autocross for the past 5 years or so. They wear well, are not very hard on rotors, and only ocassionally squeak. Pretty good pads overall. Absolutely do not do an open track DE event with these unless you are still on stock rubber and will not be running the car that hard. There is no such thing as a good pad for the street and an open track event because the heat range of operation in these instances is so different. Slap a set of PFC 01 pads on the car for DE events, it will only take a couple extra minutes when you are changing your tires.

·
Registered
64 Posts
auto cross won't tax the brakes any where near HPDEs.
So far the "easiest" pad I have been able to get away with on the HPDE circuit is the Hawk HP Plus. It will fade a bit, predictably so, it does last a good 400 plus track miles and does not eat into the rotor. Added benefit of being able to drive it to the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts