Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a fan of the flat ass of the C6, I think GM could have done better so I did a little photoshop on the rear of the car.
Before and after pics.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Although I am amazed with the new Z06 I like your workup even more so..

Congrats and thanks for the photos....

FRC would be my favorite roofline as well but I guess we can't get everything we want in life.

I'd imagine the aftermarket could very easily create a FRC body style lift panel if the demand was high enough...but the aerodynamics would not be as good so truly how much would people be willing to spend to get an FRC conversion...

Nice photoshop! I like the yellow one the best!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Now just give it some pop-up headlights and make the nose pointier and it would be perfect... oh wait, that's a C5. :lol:

The backend is growing on me, and they had to do something to differentiate from the last generation. Other than the black plastic Pontiac piece at the bottom, I'm ok with it. The smiley face front is another story...

Much better. :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Vinnie Z said:
Ok here it is, photoshopped C6 Z with fixed roof and rounded rear.

Now that's winner :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Killer Photoshop skills. :thumb:

BTW, does anyone happen to know how GM decides on a final design? Is it by committee or is there a single person that makes the decision?

·
Registered
311 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
I guess it's just me, but I prefer the flat back end to the rounded one.
(I would prefer an FRC roof, however).

Mike
I would go with the same setup. I really like the new flat tail end, but would like the FRC roof to go with it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm onboard all the way with the FRC look and the rounded rear. It gives better balance to the overall look of the car. That's what attracts me to the C5 FRC body

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Make it white and that's my car when my fenders get here. Now I know what it will look like.
Or is that white? :)
Nice job Vinnie.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You guys are funny. If GM had come out with the FRC, top speed would have suffered, and you just KNOW that a bunch of people will be upset. Imagine this: "I'm not gonna pay that kind of $ for a car that can't get to 200 mph, or at least close to it."

Furthermore, if the backend had been like Vinnie did it, people will say: "Damn, it's a new generation, why's the back the same as the C5?"

There's just no pleasing everybody on everything. But GM did an excellent job, considering all the positive press the car has received, and it's not even out yet. Corvette fans can be the toughest critics of the car they love so much.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Rapid Transit said:
You guys are funny. If GM had come out with the FRC, top speed would have suffered, and you just KNOW that a bunch of people will be upset. Imagine this: "I'm not gonna pay that kind of $ for a car that can't get to 200 mph, or at least close to it."

Furthermore, if the backend had been like Vinnie did it, people will say: "Damn, it's a new generation, why's the back the same as the C5?"

There's just no pleasing everybody on everything. But GM did an excellent job, considering all the positive press the car has received, and it's not even out yet. Corvette fans can be the toughest critics of the car they love so much.
Well written comments. I like it just how it is......its just that I have to figure a way to afford it! Not possible at the moment...... :bmad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts