Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is late notice, but thought the Z06 folks would enjoy this cruise. Posted originally on the "other" forum. I will be attending...

QUOTE:
It's back by popular demand. The "Cool Off Cruise" to San Diego. Its Saturday morning 7/16 & Sunday 7/17/05. We meet and depart from the AZ Mills mall at 7AM to avoid the desert heat. Go down I-10 to the Queen Creek exit through Maricopa to meet I-8 on that Stanfield road. 1st stop on I-8 is Gila Bend at the "Loves" truck stop. From "Loves" to exit 2 in Yuma @ the Circle K. Short break here then on to San Diego via I-8 to the end. We will turn left toward Sunset Cliffs blvd a short distance to "VOLTAIRE". Take a right here to the DOG BEACH parking lot in the town of OCEAN BEACH. After a quick "look around" here,feel free to visit SEAPORT VILLAGE, etc, or return to thel motel of your choice to freshen up and return to the beach at about 7PM. This is the spot for the BBQ and fireworks, provided by SEA WORLD. Return to your motel until the next morning. Have breakfast at your favorite motel or cafe and meet at the parking lot 12 NOON to depart for Phoenix. We should get back before dark including a couple of pit stops.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool off Cruise

The cruise is being put on by C.A.A.R.S. (Corvettes Almost Always Run on Saturday), a Phoenix based non-organization created for the sole purpose of enjoying the Corvette. A great group with no official meetings, dues, club officers and all the other things that complicate life. Some members usually are at the Pavilions on any given Saturday night, but many pick the first Saturday of the Month (Corvette Night) to get together and talk about the next event (be it car show or road trip)...

I apologize again for getting this listed so late, and will be diligent to get future C.A.A.R.S. event listed earlier.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a good time. We live in Surprise and might be interested in the next one. We usually do our own San Diego cool down a couple times a year, but my wife just started a new job and works Saturdays and hasn't accumulated any vacation days yet, and I doubt she'll approve of me going on ANOTHER road trip alone... :NoNo: I'm flying to Detroit tomorrow to look at a blk/mod red '04 Z06, and I expect I'll be driving it back to Phx Tuesday, (via Waterloo Iowa to visit friends and family) and might not be back to Phx until Saturday. Depends on how much fun I have, which, I'm sure will be as much or more fun than sex! :jammin: Just don't tell my wife I said that. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts