Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Problem is, the wires still look like they should conduct, though the wire protection is gone. Why am I still getting the error? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
What codes do you have..Here is how to check them..http://www.zo6vette.com/ipc.txt ..By the way if that wire is not chaffed or touching the other one,there is nothing wrong with it..That is just the loom that came off. :usa:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the loom was worn off and the wires are chafed but not totally worn through. No real way to know if they touched or not.

I have the C1214 HC code, and my own copy of the service manual. Looks to me like I'll need to have the EBCM and BPMV replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
I kept getting it and finally it would not reset. Had to replace the brake control module.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I got this exact code the other day while driving. Pulled in and shut the car off at my destination, cleared the code, and restarted the car. Haven't had the code again. Really wierd. I'll check my loom though, thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
201 Posts
BQuicksilver said:
Yeah, mine started out with it being fixable by restarting....it isn't now.
I had the exact same symptoms. Intermittant at first then would not clear at all. An important note here, when the service AH/TS/ABS light is lit these systems are inoperable. The computer turns them off if it thinks they are malfunctioning. The dealer had to replace the Brake Module (under warranty) to fix.

Z

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Z06XR said:
I had the exact same symptoms. Intermittant at first then would not clear at all. An important note here, when the service AH/TS/ABS light is lit these systems are inoperable. The computer turns them off if it thinks they are malfunctioning. The dealer had to replace the Brake Module (under warranty) to fix.

Z
Exactly :yeadog:
In my case the dealer had the part in stock,so it took them couple of hours :thumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
lots' o' warnings alls at oncet!!

I had the same thing awhile back, and my battery voltmeter went up to 18 volts? Fearing an underhood fire, I shut it off. called the dealerdweeb, carefully drove it in, with no warnings at all. They scanned it or whatever they do with the computer, found nothing wrong. Drove home and got the warnings about a mile from my house(what Klick and Klack, th Tapet bros would call "a Perfect Repair"). Disconned the batt cable, which reset the warnings, and have not seen them since. Oh, and with the high voltage, I ripped off the alternator and had it checked--perfect. So, prolly just a computer gremlin.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Im getting the same messages on my DIC now too, I go to start the car one morning and I am getting these messages on the DIC and they wont go away, its been a few days now with them. I installed my e code headlights this weekend but that was a few days before I have been getting these codes. I installed my e code lights correctly and they work flawlessly.

Is there a troubleshooting procedure for this? It seem quite a few C5 owners are having this problem recently. My 02 Z only has 17k miles, but I dont have an extended warranty and I hear that a surefire fix is the replacement of a brake or ECM part that costs around $3k which I cant really afford right now....

Any help greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
109 Posts
This just came on in my car and I only have 2700 miles on it :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Another possibility would be if you have codes C2183 C2186. These are steering wheel positioner codes (AH and nonAH). Means your steering wheel is not aligning with the sensor. The middle blue wire should have about 2.5v. If it is .2 or 4.8v that means you are 180 deg out. Disconnect Steering sensor and rotate until about 2.5v shows. Common problem with cars that have several alignments or steering wheel disconnected.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I looked through the codes on my car, the one that doesn't clear is the C1232 - Left Front Wheel Circuit Open or Shorted, this could easily explain the squeaking coming from the left front.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts