Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd kick off while Roger is away.....

An oldie but a goodie......

Bandit II :

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe, this is when I used to wash it every day. She was an outside car. Now the boat is outside and the car gets the garage space :cry: One day I'll have room for both!

JC

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
JC

I used one of your pics as my Wallpaper...........man that is one SHEEENIN' Black ZZZZZZZ..................
If mine were so Bootiful!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Me too! I actually cropped the car out of the pic, printed it on the high quality color printer here at the office and took it to show friends as "what i was buying" :D :cheers:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Exactly what steps did you do to get that shine? I know you used Zaino. But which Zaino products, in what order, and how many coats? I want to get my black Z06 with that shine.:cool:

-Anthony

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not, I'm not fanatical with the Zaino :eek:

This pic was not clayed, but you should clay the car every season or so, then one coat of Z1, left on for about 12 hours, and 1 coat of Z2 left on for another 3 or so hours, and one more coat of Z2....

It's really all a camera trick, for the best pictures with the deepest looking shine wait until about an hour before sunset then take your pics.

For even better results, take pics in late fall or early spring, the sun is at a better angle to catch more colors from the sky.....

NEVER take pics in the middle of the day if you want to highlight your gloss.......Even faces and such look drab and dreary under such conditions....

Also, contrary to popular belief, pictures taken in the early evening under overcast conditions (like this pic) accentuate the shine since the white sky reflects it all back.....and also diffuses the harsh sunlight which corrupts most digital camera pics....

The summary? Never take pics at noon with a clear sky, thats the worst......

JC

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
JC car looks Super!

Boy, there is nothing like a shiny black ZO6. I don't have the patience to take care of a black car anymore.Very nice!Here is a picture of one of my 1st "Black Cars". :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
jc,

IT LOOKS SOOOOOOO NICE.

Is it too cold to use Zaino now? I can get my garage to about 60 degrees???????????????

I got an Allsports gift cert from Santa.

:guiness: Happy New Year

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not too cold, just takes longer......

Let it sit in the garage overnight and it'll be fine.....

We'll have to hit allsports again soon :)

JC

·
Registered
596 Posts
great pics

thanks for the photos.........SHINEEEEEE!!!!

the tips on taking the pics will b put to good use

if and whenn snow melts!!!!

GASH EB 02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts