Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this oil-like fluid seeping from a pinhole sized puncture shown in the blown-up portion of the photo. Can you tell me what is going on? I really don't even know that any fluids were stored in this housing. :eek:o:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Hmmmmm. I don't know, but did you check inside the well under the carpeted cover? Maybe there is a oil quart that is leaking and ate a hole in your plastic. Maybe? Other than that, i'd say you need to have your ride tested for an STD. :jawdrop: The "DRIP" Other than that....Looks REAL clean under there. :thumb:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
Hmmmmm. I don't know, but did you check inside the well under the carpeted cover? Maybe there is a oil quart that is leaking and ate a hole in your plastic. Maybe? Other than that, i'd say you need to have your ride tested for an STD. :jawdrop: The "DRIP" Other than that....Looks REAL clean under there. :thumb:
Yuk. :lol:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Yeah...that's the underside of your lower trunk area. Make sure you removed that body you had stored in there and see if that helps. :pp: :lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would check your left side differential cover. I see from the picture that some of the oil is blowing onto your exhaust pipe also.

The rears ends in the vettes always seem to leak.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GR8 WHITE said:
THX for the kind words. :thumb:

You also win the prize...

Lessons:
1) A zip-lock won't help if you if the oil can leaks.
2) There is a drain in the rear compartment....it worked pretty well. There wasn't much mess inside the compartment.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
HOLY SHYT! I was RIGHT? Aw MAN! I am the MAN! I feel good now! Glad I can help out a fellow member.....Wow...what a good guess. After all the information that has been brought my way, I FINALLY was able to give back to the community. So, I guess you tested NEGATIVE! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I returned from a DE to find the same quart of oil, except mine was in the left storage well and was leaking out on to the muffler. The rear carpet comes out in two large pieces. It takes some work, but I got mine out and in without having to remove any other parts. It took some hard work to get the carpet sides back under the side plastic trim pieces. I cleaned mine several times with lots of Spot Shot carpet stuff and let it dry out for several days before re-installing it. I scrubbed the area with a stiff brush between Spot Shot applications. It turned out fine. Mobil 1 creeps like crazy into everything it touches. I now double bag my oil, only carry full, unopened quarts, and make sure nothing is sitting on top of it. In my case I had a partial quart under some heavy parts and tools. Even a new quart will leak if the bottle is compressed by other heavy cargo.

Good luck.

:)

PS I couldn't help but notice that your rear anti-sway bar is not polished. That will get you banned in a heartbeat.

:z:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ROSSO Z said:
PS I couldn't help but notice that your rear anti-sway bar is not polished. That will get you banned in a heartbeat.
:z:
...not as quick as knowing I just dobbed it up with some towels and left it. :ity:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
HOLY SHYT! I was RIGHT? Aw MAN! I am the MAN! I feel good now! Glad I can help out a fellow member.....Wow...what a good guess. After all the information that has been brought my way, I FINALLY was able to give back to the community. So, I guess you tested NEGATIVE! :cheers:

Your the man :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts