Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Break in miles on this beast are gonna be TOUGH - and I'm a patient guy! :) We went with a Mcleod dual disk carbon clutch - thus, 500 "gentle" miles. ;)

We tipped into boost a little bit on our trial test drives to see how things were and you can already tell the thing is gonna be nuts when she's flogged. I'm really curious to see what this setup will produce power wise - 427TT with big turbos, running moderate boost levels. Plenty of room to grow as needed though! :thumb:

Just 350 miles left - then we'll throw her on the dyno and see what she lays down. We'll get the final tune nailed down sometime next week after that and then I'll proceed to immediately destroy a few sets of rear meats. :D

It's amazing just how insanely stock this car feels and behaves when you're just cruising around in civilian mode. I wanted the quietest most stock sounding exhaust setup we could find and I couldn't be happier with the Magnaflow system. It's a little bassier then stock but I swear that the volume levels and tone are dang near identical to stock. Perfect for the sleeper setup I'm looking for with this car - nothing other then a nice set of CCWs tip this car off as anything other then a quiet little stocker. ;) I love it!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'll be on the lookout for stock looking 427TT's the next time I'm up in Dallas. :lol: Congrats on the new mods! :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like you have a Monster in disguise, Congrats :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That is a Very nice car.... Looked cleaner than mine before and after the transformation! Something about the 900 miles on it. :cheers:

Chris

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear your 1/4 miles times...are you coming to the Fest?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Congratulations.

Try and make most of those miles local as the clutch doesn't get much of a workout on the freeway.

Did John upsize the turbos or are you running the T-28s on low boost?

The cars are a real blast.

Pat

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Congrat's on the "big" time power up-grade 427TT :thumb:

Awesome Stable :jammin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pat -

Big turbos - the biggest they had supposedly. ;)

Big fuel system upgrade as well - all planning for 6 months down the road when I "need" a little more....crazy to even think that's possible but I know I'll want more at some point so we set it up for that eventuality. Running 8.5:1 with the big turbos - I think peak is dialed in for 12 lbs but we'll find out about that next week...I've seen 3 lbs is all (honest I swear!) heheh

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm setting my early goals low - if we hit 640/700 at the wheels I'll be a happy man. We can bump it up a little as needed though...eventually I'll probably be happy with 700/750~800 I think though I can't see how I'd be UNhappy with 640/700. :D

Can't make it to the fest, sorry. With work always crazy and a baby on the way (my one freebie vacation is the F1 race in Indy next month so maybe next year!) my time is rarely my own.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow, I am jealous! That is insane... :eek:
Seriously though, that is awesome. Keep us posted on the dyno and 1/4 mile numbers.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats on your new toy :thumb:

LPE/ 21cmc 427 TT's are awesome cars!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
case2307 said:
I'll be on the lookout for stock looking 427TT's the next time I'm up in Dallas. :lol: Congrats on the new mods! :cheers:

Casey,

You better bring some of your BP pills for him...he'll need them with all that power! :D

Congrats and enjoy. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
155 Posts
You know, in any other city I'd probably have a pretty damn fast car, but at this rate, I'm going to have to upgrade soon. ;) I swear Dallas puts a 427-TT on the road every month, not to mention how many out of state cars get sent home with this beast package. Good luck with that power, and be easy on me if we ever run into each other. :D :cheers:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put another 60 miles on her tonight after work - doesn't sound like much but putting 60 stop and go miles on the car, while staying off the highways, takes longer then you might expect! I should have the 500 break in miles wrapped by next Wednesday - hope to get her on the dyno that day.

I was amazed duiring my 2 hour drive to note that the car runs at 180 to 183 degrees while cruising...this in 80 degree, 77% humidity weather tonight. It would tickle 190 if I had to stop at a light for longer then 30 seconds but that was it.

Car drives so smoothly - I'm getting used to the Mcleod clutch more and more . Anyone else running this clutch? I'm sure there's a few - I'm curious to see what your experiences with the clutch have been, where it engages and if it changes over time. Pretty easy to drive, not very stiff at all - just engages kinda high but I've read and heard that it's pretty normal for a dual disk (?)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the kind words guys - can't wait to post some impressions next week.

I'll be taping the dyno pulls so I should have some pretty entertaining vids for everyone next Wednesday. ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts