Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...it's a Quicksilver, Sep 2000 build date, 2001 model, with 63,000 miles, some paint chips in the hood and front bumper. A couple tiny surface chips in the windshield and is on it's second motor (oil consumption), it's plagued with a sticking clutch pedal, random column locks, random service AH/TC/ABS messages and has a service history about 10 pages long.

I couldn't ask for a sadder speciman. ;)

But it puts down 370rwhp :sneaky: - through the most nasty obnoxious and anti-social TPIS/Borla XR combo you ever heard.. :lol: :thumb: :z: :yeadog:

Thanks Jayson, David and crew at MTI for doing an excellent job in a timely, professional and courteous manner - I dropped my 336rwhp peppy car this morning - I dunno what you did with the old one, but I am really satisfied with the new one you gave me this evening. ;) :p

I used 6th gear more tonight than ever before on neighbourhood surface streets.... :sneaky:

The car originally dynoed 338rwhp stock, then 334rwhp with Borla Stingers, then 334rwhp with Borla XR, and finally 336rwhp with Borla XR's and a BPP Vortex intake - all without any tuning - tuning would have unlocked more HP for sure.

Adding the TPIS, 2002 stock cats and a majique MTI tune took it to SAE 370.4rwhp.

So to anyone wanting to know - Borla XR's and longtubes are SpeedTV Challenge Car loud - not for the faint of heart :p

370rwhp, translates to 420bhp - so C6's, beware, you better be packing something extra :sneaky:

Thanks for tuning in, you are now returned to your regular scheduled programming.

-Paul

Dyno SHeet

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's great Paul! I can't wait to hear the car! :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh it's loud with a capital F hehe.

I went to show a buddy down the road, and when we got back from a little "test" out side the subdivision, his wife and son reported hearing us clear across the subdivision :eyes: - the road we were on is about 1/3 mile from his house :eyes:

:sneaky:

I can see this car saving me a lot of gas - 6th gear is the weapon of choice now hehe.

So there you have it "tree huggers" - loud pipes save natural resources. :p

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Lembo has the TI "street" version so it's a bit quieter at idle :p but he's catless and just blew everyone away at the Fest :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Not a good choice if you want to fly 'under the radar', but it sounds awesome!!

Ken

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Paul:
Trips to South Bend/Chi-town will require EARPLUGS with that XR exhaust, but oooooooooooohhhh, the SOUND!!
Congrats! :thumb:
Bob

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob - I can't wait to take this thing on the open road... the few times I had it open were spinetingling good. I hope to get up to Indiana next year.

Rob - I plan to, and you need to let us now whan your schedule will allow you to join us out in the woods for a good thrashing again.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts