Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the 02 yesterday and said goodbye to my 01. Not easy to do, I loved that car!

After 350 miles I noticed a few minor differences. First, the amount of effort to push the clutch in is significantly greater. I thought it was going to be slightly more effort due to the new springs but this was more than expected.

I could not tell a difference in the ride quality, although most of the miles so far are highway miles.

Can't comment on power increase because I have been very good about avoiding premature acceleration!

Exhaust note is also quite different. This was a surprise to me, I suspect the elimination of the pups is the reason. At idle it sounds a litle louder and has a different note. My wife noticed (surpising enough) and commented that it sounded like the boat we use to own! While driving under moderate conditions I did not notice any difference inside the car.

All in all, I consider myself fortunate to continue to drive the best cars I have ever owned!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats Mark and thanks for the report!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Now for some pictures!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Thanks for the comparison info! How do you like HUD? Had it on my convertibles and loved it! Congrats on your new Vet!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
By this time tomorrow you should be through the break-in period! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
155 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Do give us a full comparison between the two once you're through the break-in (right about now,I should think! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fanatical1, Congrats /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I am traveling down to BG this Sunday to watch my Z being built with Sonny. It won't be long now. Get ready to get together and take some pics of our MY & EB Z06's so we can post them.

Again Good Luck

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Fanatical1,

First, congrats. Second, what color? Third, how many miles were on the '01. Fourth, did you get a reasonable trade in deal? Fifth, sorry for being so nosy.

pro

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Please post more about the changes and differences from your 2001. Surely there are other things too. How about the new brakes pads? Do they squeal or generate more dust on the wheels? And as another member asked, how do you like the HUD?

Regarding the exhaust change/differences you mentioned it is "quieter" at idle but sounds like a boat motor. Does this mean in your subjective opinion it sounds "better" or "worse" than before?

I would be very interested to know your opinion on the quality of the shifter even though no announced change for 2002. How is it? Better, worse or still the same compared to your 2001?

BTW, CONGRATS on your 2002 Z06, but just curious, what was it about the new model that made you want to trade?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the congrats! My better half had this weekend booked with stuff to do so I have not put the miles on her yet. Sad day....

To answer a few questions, the 02 is Yellow/Black all options including BSM had 4 miles on it when I picked it up.
I loved my Black 01 but tried for a yellow last year and could not get one until late last year and then decided to hold out for the 02. I received $45,000 for the 01 and $1,000 off from my GM card.

The exhaust is slightly louder at idle and I can only assume louder outside the car when driving. I like the sound It must be from the elimination of the pups.

The brakes have not squealed (unlike my wife when she told my boss that I bought another Vette!). Don't really have a read on brake dust yet.

The shifter I noticed was much "tighter" than my other car. I can't recall if my 01 started out this tight and gradually became more "worn in"?? I would think this is the case, but don't know. I would think GM would have announced something if they improved the shifter.

This is my first experience with HUD. I like it, but wouldn't buy a car just because it had HUD on it. Takes a while to break the habbit of looking at the gages.

Thanks again guys for the support!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Congratulations! I'm counting the days.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Congrats on the new ride - and many, many happy hours spent in it. My EB should be finished by the end of the week - so I am keenly interested in your impressions of the '02 vs your '01.

Keep the rubber side down...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats !

Color me Dark bowling Green with envy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vince

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great on the car. Can't wait to see pics and your driving impressions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mark,

As I said before...CONGRATS!!!

I recieved a note from JC that you may be having problems with a sig. Email me and I'll get you on track!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts