Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just found the car I was looking for, and I will be picking it up in about a week. It is an Silver 03 Z06 with about 26k miles. It is completely stock, so I can't wait to start modding the hell out of it! It need 4 new tires. Any tips on purchasing the tires? Thanks!

Tommy :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

Congrats on you new Silver Bullet.

Do a search on tires and you will get lot of ideas (top right side of the page) If you are going not going to drive your car in the wet, stock Goodyear F1's are hard to beat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TaTommy888 said:
Well, I just found the car I was looking for, and I will be picking it up in about a week. It is an Silver 03 Z06 with about 26k miles. It is completely stock, so I can't wait to start modding the hell out of it! It need 4 new tires. Any tips on purchasing the tires? Thanks!

Welcome to the disfunctional family. I'd buy some Supercar tires if I were you - but that's the beauty of ownership and forum membership. Some will say Kumho, some Nitto, some Pirelli and others Goodyear. Whatever you decide, you'll have more fun per minute than any car you've ever owned. :usa:

·
Registered
90 Posts
TaTommy888 said:

CCW's w/Pirelli's, much better than my F1's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the big welcome!

I plan on using my new toy whenever I can, plus participating in the occassional autocross... I have a second car for rain, cramped parking lots, and of course snow...

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
You picked the right one ! :D
You'll find "wars of opinion" on nearly any subject here, tires included.
Your posts suggest your driving will be "spirited" and mostly in the dry, unless caught out by rain.
GY F1's, Nitto 555 RII, BFG G-force TA KD, Pilot Sport 1 or 2, Bridgstone Potenza S02, S03, Kumho MX, Toyo Proxes T1-S, Firestone Wide Oval all have their followers, ... it all depends on your application.
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
Congrats on the car. I stayed with the stock Supercar tires (been pretty happy with them), but it depends what your going to do with the car. Do a search, there's a lot of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats on the new car! The Toyos are a good value when compared to the F1's...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Post some pics when you have a chance.

You may want to get a mini(or maxi)-tub done before the new tires if your goin' to be doin' some hp mods. That way you can pickout some new rims and some huge meats for the rear end.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you like traction nittos are the only way to roll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts