Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my ZO6 on factory bolts to the max up front but can't get it low enough to have the correct rake from where I want the rear. I have decided to cut the front bushings but I can't decide weather to cut 1/3 or 2/3 off. Those of you that have lowered by cutting, can you please post your pics with a brief discription of how much of the bushing you cut off? Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
My 02 lowered with aftermarket bolts on back and cut bushings up front.

My 01 Lowered just a bit more than my 02.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PerformingNorman,
How much of the bushings did you cut?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
PerformingNorman,
How much of the bushings did you cut?

There are no bushings in the front on my 01. The 02 I cut 2/3s of them.

The rear of the 02 was lowered with aftermarket bolts. The 01 is lowered by only cutting the bushings. I found out after lowering the 02 that you don't need bolts. Just have to cut the bushings.

·
Registered
372 Posts
When you say correct rake are you talking about visual appeal?, I say this because in my sig pic my 04 with the chromes is lowered on the stock bolts and bushing approx 5 turns and the factory rake did not change. I have tracked the car like this and it worked great.

I have since lowered it more by cutting the bushings and corner weighting the car. I would not do it for a daily driver, I added the wheel rollers to the front as the rails would scrape most driveways.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Z06Machine said:
When you say correct rake are you talking about visual appeal?, I say this because in my sig pic my 04 with the chromes is lowered on the stock bolts and bushing approx 5 turns and the factory rake did not change. I have tracked the car like this and it worked great.

I have since lowered it more by cutting the bushings and corner weighting the car. I would not do it for a daily driver, I added the wheel rollers to the front as the rails would scrape most driveways.
Both visual and practical I suppose. I have measured the front and rear at the frame and the rear and is about 1/8 inch lower than the front. I dont track the car but I would like to have the rake correct (front lower than the rear). I plan on getting the wheel rollers also. I am just looking for examples of lowered cars to see how low cutting the bushings gets you.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Slammed :eyes: :blush:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
2/3 off front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts