Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here's a few shots of my 99, work in progress.....
IT has almost all the 01 Z stuff.

BEFORE SHOTS..

AFTER SHOTS..

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Looks good, car is very clean. How about some interior shots? IMHO the only thing I would change is the silver "hash marks". Just seem out of place on a C5. :yeadog: Are the rear brake ducts functional? Did you install front brake ducts too? Since the FRC is actually more rare than a C5Z06, I would lose the Z06 emblems too,,,,just a thought. Welcome to the site, and enjoy the ride.

Jimbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, car is very clean. How about some interior shots? IMHO the only thing I would change is the silver "hash marks". Just seem out of place on a C5. :yeadog: Are the rear brake ducts functional? Did you install front brake ducts too? Since the FRC is actually more rare than a C5Z06, I would lose the Z06 emblems too,,,,just a thought. Welcome to the site, and enjoy the ride.

Jimbo
Thanks...All the Z stuff is from a wrecked 01 Z. I got everything from it
except the drivetrain. The C5 Z is pretty much my dream car, and the only
way for me get into one is building it myself. Everything done to the car is
done on a budget! I started with the 1999 FRC with over 240000KMs that needed work. The hash marks are a love it or hate it deal. I love them!

·
9,755 Posts
Nice car! That "before" engine compartment pic looks like someone was baking with flour in there :lol: She really needed an owner like you to take care of her :gjob:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks nice. Did you do any performance upgrades?

You should get a Z06 door latch for the passenger side. That's one of the first place clone haters look to see if it's a FRC or a Z.

Have you done the interior gauges?

·
9,755 Posts
You should get a Z06 door latch for the passenger side. That's one of the first place clone haters look to see if it's a FRC or a Z.
The Z06 has special door latches?? :WTF:
I just look at the VIN ("S" in the 8th position) - the best way to determine if it is a "Z".

·
Registered
632 Posts
Awesome job! I would definitely say that you made your budget work!!!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
The Z06 has special door latches??
Not really, no. The '99 hardtop had a key hole in the passenger door handle. Starting in 2000, they didn't. All Z06's have the passenger door handle without the key hole, since they didn't start production until 2001. So really the key hole in a hardtop means it's a 99.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts