Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like the fact that it eliminates a need for an exhaust plate, but I'm not sure about the extra tube visibility on the sides of the opening. I'd have to see it in person to really know for sure. Are you running straight pipes(no mufflers) with that?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Cool. I think I would try splitting the difference between the normal dual and yours, with a little more space between the tips than you have, but a lot less than normal. I never thought of it before I saw yours. Nice idea.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B R said:
I like the fact that it eliminates a need for an exhaust plate, but I'm not sure about the extra tube visibility on the sides of the opening. I'd have to see it in person to really know for sure. Are you running straight pipes(no mufflers) with that?

I am running LG headers with no cats, 3" x-pipe and the B&B Bullets with the mufflers still there. Sounds good just not too sure about the looks...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
gotta start somewhere, I love the placement and look of it. Reminds me of something exotic. Obviously the pipes look a little funny but I would say work from there. Maybe frind a fiberglass place to make something to "bolt in" around the pipes. Maybe with slits like off to the side. Maybe put some sort of screen in the area. I think it has potential :)

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Those are two tipped Bullets??
My friend has the four tip on a coupe and they are nicely aggressive!
With headers and no cats, the 3" has to be dyno-mite!! :thumb:
I'm not sure about the look? I stayed away from the speedway tips when I went to the PRT's because of the lack of gap between the pipes! Just a personal preference!!
I would like to hear them though!! :yeadog: :yeadog:

Ken

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think it looks sweet, alot like the Viper GTS tips. Then again, I'm probably biased now.

Christian

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think it would look better if the bumper didn't have such a big opening at the bottom. Any plans to modify the bumper to close it a little? I think that's what it's missing.

Alex

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I would love to fill the gap around the tips with some sort of plastic peice. I wonder if Tap Plastics could make something for me. If you guy's see something that would work please let me know. Thanks.

George

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It looks different. Not better IMHO just different which is good. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
George, I like the looks of those very much...Where do you live in Calif.? I would like to come buy and see them in person... Where did you run those times at?, very impressive...

Greg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greg Irvine said:
George, I like the looks of those very much...Where do you live in Calif.? I would like to come buy and see them in person... Where did you run those times at?, very impressive...

Greg
I live in Pittsburg (San Francisco Bay Area) and ran those times at Sacramento Raceway.

I plan on driving down to Andy's on the 11th if you want to check them out there or I'm free anytime here at home.

George

·
21,378 Posts
I think they need to be farther apart to keep the balance of the recessed area. Looks like good workmanship though! :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could buy the tigershark rear. It's opening is narrower than stock.

Matt

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think it would look better if the bumper didn't have such a big opening at the bottom. Any plans to modify the bumper to close it a little? I think that's what it's missing.
I agree, maybe you can fit some cover and have it look and work like a diffuser...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I prefer quad tips. Just my humble opinion...

·
Registered
487 Posts
heres a quick photoshop of my .02. mesh grill! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts