Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a custom ECS roll cage installed a couple of months ago and figured it was time to post a few pics. I really like where they put the top of the bar, as I have not lost much in terms of rear vision, and I don't hit my helmet when I'm sitting back. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:jammin: :jammin:

Don, Looks really good. About how much weight did it add to the car? Why in the world didn't GM install these from the factory? It looks factory to me.

D.J.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Looks sharp. After the pics of that Z's roof being crushed, I am more interested in one of these.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Wow,
very kool Don!!

I wonder if Chris could do something so I could keep my partition in. Curved back bars or something.
Very clean looking, 5-point right?
:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Very nice! :cool:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Don, it's lookin' GOOOOD! Sure don't have to worry about a rollover with that tubing around you. Just be careful to left your feet up when getting out of the car. :yeadog: :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sweet, very nice install :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Very :coo: Almost looks exactly like ours :yeadog:

Let me know if you get any crap about the door bar height. I have one tech that gives me a bad time :bang: As a matter of fact I'm going to let Pat tech the car today and I'm teching the Truck just so I don't have to listen to him for the 3rd time :lol:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Don - That is one of those things that is really good to have...but you pray you never need it. looks sweet. See ya at Joe's!

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Looks nice there buddy.

I think I may be needing one, was that welded in or just bolted.

Do you feel a difference in the chassis IE: stiffer, better handling?

If you do not mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

Thanks for the honor of allowing me to speak to a gentleman of your caliber. :lol:

Ivo

·
Registered
596 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
:jammin: :jammin:

Don, Looks really good. About how much weight did it add to the car? Why in the world didn't GM install these from the factory? It looks factory to me.

D.J.
It adds about 80-90 lbs depending on whether you get a 5-point or a 6-point.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Antivenom 447 said:
It adds about 80-90 lbs depending on whether you get a 5-point or a 6-point.
Mario,

Thanks. I wasn't quite sure of the weight added. I know they use chromalloy steel. :yeadog:

Tom,

It is set higher than Rob's, and set back just a bit more. They had to do that, since I have a very high sitting height (long torso) and I put my seat all the way back and down. If they hadn't set it up this way, I'd have been hitting my helmet against it. As it is, it's perfect. :thumb:

Ivo,

Flattery will get you everywhere. This is welded, not bolted. I am told that this is the best way to have a roll bar/cage mounted. I will pm you with the cost. BTW, I chose not to have it powder-coated, thought that can be done for some additional cost. :cheers:

Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh simply vuderba :)

Just some more of the magic ECS can pull out of their hat.

Just a word of caution on ECS.
If they offer you their world famous ECS burgers just pass on them. :eek2:

See you Saturday Don and I'm glad your bringing the burgers.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Don Benson said:
Mario,

Thanks. I wasn't quite sure of the weight added. I know they use chromalloy steel. :yeadog:

Tom,

It is set higher than Rob's, and set back just a bit more. They had to do that, since I have a very high sitting height (long torso) and I put my seat all the way back and down. If they hadn't set it up this way, I'd have been hitting my helmet against it. As it is, it's perfect. :thumb:

Ivo,

Flattery will get you everywhere. This is welded, not bolted. I am told that this is the best way to have a roll bar/cage mounted. I will pm you with the cost. BTW, I chose not to have it powder-coated, thought that can be done for some additional cost. :cheers:

Don
Hi Don ..

May I ask what the rollbar cost and how much extra to powder coat?

thanks
Tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts