Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone my ZO6 is no longer trapped in my garage due to it being too low. The aluminum ramps I ordered worked out great. I drove up to Infineon Raceway this morning to purchase my AMLS tickets for July 15th, 16th and 17th. If you plan on attending this event and have a Corvette make sure to ask for the Corvette Corral pass so you can park on the carpet with the rest of the vettes. While I was there I pulled the car into the winners circle and a few people asked if they could take pics with my car. Pretty funny. Here are a couple of pics I was able to take today...

George

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Lookin good!!!! :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Dear Gawd that IS low.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KCMAGS said:
Neat pic... Your car looks VERY good. Any reason your not using the center caps on your ccw's.
Thanks. The CCW road race wheels don't come with the center caps because they just fall out when driving on a road course which is all I do with the car now. Everyone asks me the same question. :)

George

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That Baby is looking like it's ready for some serious action :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
georges03zo6 said:
Thanks. The CCW road race wheels don't come with the center caps because they just fall out when driving on a road course which is all I do with the car now. Everyone asks me the same question. :)

George
Got it... The more I look at it the better. Looks serious. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
tszwec said:
Lookin good!!!! :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:
:yeadog: :yeadog: :jammin:

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
georges03zo6 said:
Well everyone my ZO6 is no longer trapped in my garage due to it being too low. The aluminum ramps I ordered worked out great. I drove up to Infineon Raceway this morning to purchase my AMLS tickets for July 15th, 16th and 17th. If you plan on attending this event and have a Corvette make sure to ask for the Corvette Corral pass so you can park on the carpet with the rest of the vettes. While I was there I pulled the car into the winners circle and a few people asked if they could take pics with my car. Pretty funny. Here are a couple of pics I was able to take today...

George

Hi George,

That's one seriously wicked Corvette. Looks like you're car has been lowered a lot. Do you have any issues with bottoming out? I finally got to the point I raised mine 0.50" becuase I was tired of scraping averything.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ScDFACHE said:
Hi George,

That's one seriously wicked Corvette. Looks like you're car has been lowered a lot. Do you have any issues with bottoming out? I finally got to the point I raised mine 0.50" becuase I was tired of scraping averything.

No issues with the car bottoming out. It did once on a big dip in the road going 100mph+ but the other stock height vettes I was with all bottomed out too on that same dip.

I have zero tire rubbing and my shocks do not bottom out at all. I have a custom DRM coilover kit with 2" shorter Bilstein shocks and the springs have been shortened. I spent a lot of money and time to make my car this low without having any issues. I hope this helps..

George

p.s.
My car does scrape on everything though. I avoid speedbumps and steep driveways with it. It's not my daily driver so it's not a problem. I think this is what you were asking me. It hella scrapes! :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sweet ride bro :jammin: Wish I could join you at Infineon.I'll be going to Portland the following weekend.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
georges03zo6 said:

George

Damn that car is low; looks sweet though, awesome pic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
georges03zo6 said:
No issues with the car bottoming out. It did once on a big dip in the road going 100mph+ but the other stock height vettes I was with all bottomed out too on that same dip.

I have zero tire rubbing and my shocks do not bottom out at all. I have a custom DRM coilover kit with 2" shorter Bilstein shocks and the springs have been shortened. I spent a lot of money and time to make my car this low without having any issues. I hope this helps..

George

p.s.
My car does scrape on everything though. I avoid speedbumps and steep driveways with it. It's not my daily driver so it's not a problem. I think this is what you were asking me. It hella scrapes! :yeadog:
George, can you comment on your coilovers? Are you happy with the ride quality? Any additional NVH as a result of the change? What benefits are you seeing over your previous set-up? TIA.

p.s. great looking car!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts