Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my ZO6 that I am preping for SCCA T1 racing. I wanted to post these here in the general area so that everyone could see what I am up to these days. Anyway its not done yet but its getting close.

Here is the car up on jacks in the shop(where its been for almost three months )

Same thing

This is my Straight pipe exaust (no more mufflers) It looks crooked cuz its not secured yet.

Here is a view of my striped out interior. Everything has to go back in when we are done.

This is the PS door bar. (The door panel still fits by the way)

DS door bars (rallycar style x bars) Door panel fits here too.

A real BIG thanks goes out to Jackyl for coming down to the shop and taking these pics for me and hosting them on the web. Thanks Brutha.

So waddya think? Questions, comments?

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
I think its absolutly cool and your doing an impeccable job.............
Yes very nice. SCCA sounds like fun! Hopefully I will be heading to the race track to make some videos soon.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Will you be running at SIR????? Would be happy to come out and give you a hand.

"Will work for beer":yeadog: :yeadog: :guiness: :yeadog: :yeadog:

Got lots of racing exp......drove in IMSA and SCCA all thru the 80's, built all my own cars, so I should be of some help if needed.

Good luck!!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Great stuff! I love seeing pictures of projects like these. What are you doing with the engine and drivetrain? Please keep the pics coming. Thanks:cheers:

·
Registered
778 Posts
WOW!!!!!

All I can say is that you're living my dream. I'd love to ask about cost for the setup, sponsorship, etc., but am sure you don't want to discuss that on the open forum. If you ever race in the Texas area, I'd be more than happy to help in any way. Yeah, I work because I love it, but will consume some manly beverage ILO pay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Looks great. Are you doing your own cage work? And are you tig or mig welding it in? Noticed it is only tacked in place in these pictures. Nice job "notching the tubes". Time and patience. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Zee,

Very Cool.! Thanks for the posting the pics. Best of luck to you in the upcoming SCCA season!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks like " The Real Deal" Very nice!

Would you please post mods? Shocks, bars, brakes etc.

We are near Sears Point, Laguna and Thunderhill. If ever you are in the area, please let us know.

Thanks for the post,

John :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
What a great project. I'll look for you out at PIR and SIR this season. BTW, that looks just like the USRP racing seat I just finished installing in my Z28 track car.

Jim

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ZEE,

Ditto on following your dreams. Looks awesome.

Be safe................

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts