Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my wheel project. First I bought an extra set of OEM Speedlines, then my local paint guy sand blasted them, powder coated them with a 2-layer black/metallic custom color. Finally, he sent them to a local wheel shop that turned them on a machine to remove the powder from the lips. This way I got a perfect line and they look OEM. The results are stunning up close so I had to post some pics. If anyone is thinking of doing something similar, PM me. There is a vast array of custom powder coats available. This was an economical upgrade and maintains the OEM lightweight wheel/tire setup. I'll now sell my original wheels since I bought the second set only to keep the car on the road and as an insurance policy. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Looks great Ralph, can't wait to see it up close and personal!
Maybe take some close up pics in bright sunlight and post them up later! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Looks Great :cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Those look outstanding man! :jammin:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tony3331 said:
yes lower that just a bit it give's the car that mean look :jammin:
OK --- maybe just a little. :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like them! Thanks for sharing! :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:thumb: Looks good Ralph, could you PM me with the local wheel guy that did your work?

TIA

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ted Pennington said:
:thumb: Looks good Ralph, could you PM me with the local wheel guy that did your work?

TIA

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:
PM Sent

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
RalphP said:
I just finished my wheel project. First I bought an extra set of OEM Speedlines, then my local paint guy sand blasted them, powder coated them with a 2-layer black/metallic custom color. Finally, he sent them to a local wheel shop that turned them on a machine to remove the powder from the lips. This way I got a perfect line and they look OEM. The results are stunning up close so I had to post some pics. If anyone is thinking of doing something similar, PM me. There is a vast array of custom powder coats available. This was an economical upgrade and maintains the OEM lightweight wheel/tire setup. I'll now sell my original wheels since I bought the second set only to keep the car on the road and as an insurance policy. :cheers:
Looks good. Here's mine with the Motorsports...I want less unsprung weight but the same look...well except for the rivets...Sent you a pm.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts