Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again Lou for the pics.

Once I saw them I knew I had to have them. Vroom vroom!

LG Motorsport: http://www.lgmotorsports.com
Might want to try calling them at 972.272.7753

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Those are

just freakin' :cool: I've heard really good things about these headers! :yeadog: :yeadog: Are those free flow cats? Which arm and/or leg do we lose to get these? :p How much? estimated HP?

Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LG Motorsport headers

I have an appointment to have them installed on the 11th. I will probably do a dyno run while I am there. The car is otherwise entirely stock, so it will be a good estimate of the power to be gained. I'll keep y'all updated.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I agree the headers look cool, and they are very, very long tubes which means they also replace your stock cats with some type of higher flow units. I did talk to an LG rep yesterday about their units, which will run close to $2k prior to installation. LG claims that their cat replacements should pass emissions tests. I always ask this because with the imminent use of "smog dogs" in many areas of the country, most of us will need to stay emissions legal all of the time.

To-date, they have no before/after dyno information for the effect of their headers on a basically stock Z06. The person i talked to indicated that they would be glad to this type of test once you bought the units - they will test them before and after they install them for you. I do not know what they are charging for installs.

Hopefully some of these questions will be answered once a few folks opt to go this route....

:)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I saw those back in Nov. They made a additional 25 rwfp on a 99'. They did not have the cats on them though.

Blu are they still all stainless?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the info Bleu. They look great, but 1k more and you have a heads and cam combo. I just dont see why they would cost so much. Imean we are talking headers here. It will be interesting to see how much power they make on a Z06 and if they pass smog testing. Look foward to hearing from racerx454 on the results.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will probably do the Halltech T-1 intake with injectors and ported mass airflow next. After that, if I am still into it, I might do the stage II headers and cam from MTI. I figure the headers will be very beneficial at that point.

I'll keep y'all posted. I have scheduled a dyno run before and after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts