Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share these with you. Went with a customer of mine to day to look at this 23,000mile 1966 Coupe. 427/450 HP. Blue on blue, matching number car.He bought it( for less than we paid for ours). Very nice car, but I'd still rather the ZO6 :D

lost the picture. see next post.Sorry :roll:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to believe they are still out there. That Big Block with the side pipes sure sounded nice:D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is one more "tease". Stopped by a friend of mine's shop, and he is building this for a customer. Around $18,500.00 for the Body/ Chassis.The chassis uses all C4 stuff. Very nice glass work, and a very strong 4 inch round tube chassis. Maybe my next project after my 33 Willys is done!( if I live long enough, and can stay in the shop and stop driving my ZO6! ;) )

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SMFCPACFP Nice pictures of your Black ZO6. Too bad about the damage to the rear. Looks like just the rear 1/4 panel and rear facia. Could have been a lot worse. I see you race motorcycles. You guys are fearless. Have a good holiday. Baron

·
Registered
425 Posts
Baron,

Love them rat powered vettes!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Barron, I had a new 66 450 but it was a maroon vert. Very fast cars with just a little tweeking. I like my Z06 more but I would like to be 20 again.:D Ric

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Here's a 66' with a 502 Big Block Crate Engine. This was at show that Frank and I attended in early Nov. Super sweet and quick.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 66 BB Coupe.

Up until the time I bought my ZO6, this was my favorite car.( Sold in in 1987....Divorced.Keep the house, sell the car!:-? )This car looked good, sounded great( 402/L88 solid cam,factory sidepipes,and FAST :D) I have missed it until the ZO6. The one thing I do like better about the 66 though,is the sound of the exhaust. It said " Don't even try it! ":lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GMBLACK3 Great pictures. Looks like the BB got it's doors blown off( big time). Some nice shots of the two body styles together. :)

Powershifter. Always wanted a 427 Maroon Coupe/black stinger stripe. Great color. Love the hoods on the 66 BB. And, maybe not 20, but 30 ;)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Barron, the guy that he bought the car from some 12 years ago, just happen to be drving by when we "let it happen" We went down to his house a few days later. He asked my friend if he had changed the points recently. My friend said, "I have not changed the points since I bought this car from you." My friend said the BB would pull strong up to 4500rpm and not much after that. I believed the points/tuneup would have help him, but not enough.

The prior owner had a Chevelle 454 auto that was bored out to 466 or something. He was waiting for a new cam, so it was tore down a bit. Said he runs 7.8 in the 1/8 mile. He had a custom pearl white paint job on it. 3" exhaust all the way back. Looked very fast. I think he would have taken me in the Z06.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Shedding tears here...

This really hurts guys...
I had a black '66, 427cubes, 425 hp convert w/ the hard top plus the factory side exhaust and factory knock off wheels. This was May of '67 and my wife somehow was 8 1/2 months PG...(still looking for that mailman)...we hit some railroad tracks and she damn near delivered on the spot. This was child #2 and we were still in an apartment...time for a house and the Vette had to go..it hurts to this day and my son, who arrived 2 weeks later still thinks he was the cause of me getting rid of the Vette...a little remorse from your youngest is good!
Am curious as the the 450hp bit though. I thought the '66 had a top hp of 425...they came w/ a 435 in '67.
What a fun ride that was.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The early ones were 450 HP and later switched to 425HP. Same motor, cam ,carb etc. Just a different rating to keep the Insurance Companys happy. If we all kept all the cars we should have, we would have WAY too many cars( For me,I'm certain!) :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts