Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting the Halltech T1 Sidewinder but would like to see a picture of it installed.I would like to see how the placement of the filter looks.Can anyone snap a pic for me? Thanks. I now have the Donaldson with a ZO6 air bridge.Would there be a difference between these two on the dyno or at the track?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Steve, thats the TRIC......

Pics of the installed Sidewinder (T1) are elusive, maybe Jim can provide us with one........

JC

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jim.....Just make sure that it shows how the filter lays inside.

G

·
It did yesterday

You should see it tomorrow.

Call with any install questions, but our installation instructions are on our site under installation.

Jim

·
Registered
420 Posts
Woo!!! I looked at the install, simple enough. I'm replacing a Vortex so it should be easy.

Got my headers Monday, pulley kit today, and Sidewinder tomorrow. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Jim,

Will the "duct" from the MAF to the TB you sell mate up to a Vortex? (obviously it will mate to the MAF, but are the dimensions the same, length-wise?)

G

·
Mate to Vortex

I think so; the length is identical to stock, the MAF fits into the Cobra perfectly, the design took over a year of R&D to complete and has considerbly more plenum volume vs stock.

The additional plenum volume helps the demand for air-volume at high rpm, with a birds-eye-view of the exit mouth at 7/8 of a moon vs 1/16 for stock. What the eye can see, so can the airflow.

We tested the Cobra only with the TRIC and T-1 (the way it was designed) and found an additional 4 RWHP/7 RWT. These numbers were duplicated by Pro-Auto tech of FL, in testing done on their bigger LS1s in early 2000.

It provides a major boost in performance coupled with the TRIC and T-1 and should help the other systems as well.
Jim

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
And what might the cost be for just the Cobra? :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jim

What is the manufacturer's position on installing this/ these mods?????
As far as warranty?????.
Also, What is the Cobra, (I assume) it is a second item in addition to the TRIC/ T1 Sidewinder?????...
This is kinda confusing for a newbie..........sorry.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
My apologies, Jim....I'd need the coupler as well....is that included in the $299?

G

·
Re: Jim

ZO6LS6 said:
What is the manufacturer's position on installing this/ these mods?????
As far as warranty?????.
Also, What is the Cobra, (I assume) it is a second item in addition to the TRIC/ T1 Sidewinder?????...
This is kinda confusing for a newbie..........sorry.
Warranty should not be affected at all. Even our TRIC has not caused any warranty claims to be denied and it is a bottom breather.

Cobra is the name of the carbon fiber piece we are discussing:

Link: http://www.corvettec5.com/cgi-bin/S...e/products.html?L+scstore+ssbu0483+1002853046

Yes the coupler must accompany our unit since our exit is a 100mm cirlce rather than the stock oval transistion. Smoother flow at the throttle body means more power.

Jim

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What is different between the Cobra and the MAG that TByrne sells for $289?

G

·
I would be surprised if he has them in stock

but if he does, purchase them from him. They are ours.

His pricing is not our recommended retail. He may not have the 2001-02 style MAF seal.

Jim

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jim, how much for the CF vs. polished aluminum rt. angle coupler and filter to complete a sidewinder package. Are the smaller "wedge" filters still available?

I already have your CF Cobra MAG, and only need the rest of the components for the sidewinder setup.

How do you anchor down your sidewinder system? I noticed the CF Cobra MAG does not have the OEM style side mounting boss flanges for this purpose. I can't tell from the pic you posted how the system is secured in place. Is velcro used in the installation to hold everything in place or some other mounting method not shown in the pic?

G

·
Another satisfied customer runs the 1/4 mile with his hood open

Hi jim just wanted you to know how happy I am with your products. I have a 2001 Z06 only mods are your tric intake
ported throttle body and drm long tube headers. Would you like a time slip for your 12 sec club my trap speeds are great. Best pass 12.056 60 ft 1.942 mph 119.723. My traps are always in the 119's. Just need to work on my 60 ft and I should be in the 11's. Please email me and I can take a digital picture of time slips if you can use them. Thanks again. Andy Costello Novato Ca.

This is the fourth run close to the 11s at 119+.

Jim Hall

1 - 20 of 24 Posts