Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my behind-the-seat organizer yesterday. Here's a pic. As you can see, it has 2 can holders, 4 cup/large drink holders, a cd rack for 20 cd's, a storage space in front of the cd rack for garage door opener, cell phone, etc. It also has a hinged storage compartment on each side to hide things from prying eyes.

The storage tray weighs 10 pounds and is covered in carpet that was as close a match as possible to the Vette carpet.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I thought thats with the 6 round wholes were for... 6-pack configured!

That setup looks nice! how much does it weigh? and what is it made up of again? I hope it doesnt cost as much as a partition /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Don
QSZ06

On 2001-08-05 10:50, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Where does the beer go?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Looks great Dave!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

On 2001-08-05 10:53, don527 spewed forth this drivel:
I thought thats with the 6 round wholes were for... 6-pack configured!

That setup looks nice! how much does it weigh? and what is it made up of again? I hope it doesnt cost as much as a partition /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Don
QSZ06

Sorry, no beer holder although I did consider making one of the storage compartments the right size for a six pack with ice. Decided against it though.

Actual cost was $250. The guy who made it asked about the partition and when I told him what I paid he laughed and said he would have done it for $100 or less.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think I saw you on West Little York yesterday (Saturday afternoon). You had another Corvette riding behind you.

I was in the red Z06. You car looks great!

- loucas

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr SS:

How kewl! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
You know that is the one thing that the GEN let everyone down on is the cup holder. But i guess if you are going as fast as everyone will, you do not need to be reaching for a cup of anything. This addition looks great though. Take a look Gen. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very nice - now you don't have to worry about stuff sliding all over creation /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Looks nice, and very functional, any info on the maker, and will he build and ship...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

On 2001-08-05 11:38, loucas spewed forth this drivel:
I think I saw you on West Little York yesterday (Saturday afternoon). You had another Corvette riding behind you.

I was in the red Z06. You car looks great!

- loucas
Thanks. That was me. I was on my way to the Cruise around Houston.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

On 2001-08-05 19:12, mdickie spewed forth this drivel:
Looks nice, and very functional, any info on the maker, and will he build and ship...

I had this custom built by a stereo shop here in Houston. If there's enough interest, I could ask if they want to build a few more.

You're best bet though is to have it made locally. It will save money and you can design it however you want.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
SS -- CAN this guy build the partitions for less than $100?! Hell, if he could and would, he'd have a HUGE market for them! I've wanted one for a while now, but I'm just NOT paying $400 for one. $200 for one is absurd, too (I think).

Have you talked to him about building partitions for $100? What do YOU think?

-Kirk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dave,

When I went over to CJ a couple months ago and talked to their guy about building the partition, they didn't want any parts of it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Paul

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

On 2001-08-06 08:54, CP spewed forth this drivel:
Dave,

When I went over to CJ a couple months ago and talked to their guy about building the partition, they didn't want any parts of it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Paul

Sorry, I guess you talked to the wrong guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts