Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

After extensive searching for info on how to install a DRM transmission cooler I realized that although a lot of guys have posted requests for info no one has posted pictures or much in the way of instructions (correct me if I'm wrong!;)).

I emailed DRM and asked for instructions. Randy at DRM was kind enough to email some pictures that show the installation of a tranny cooler in the brake vent area. I got permission to post these images. I put them on my web site for anyone who is interested:

Images of DRM Tranny Cooler Install

If anyone has any other input or images, let me know. I will be installing a tranny cooler this spring in preparation for track time this summer.

Cheers!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for posting! :cheers:

·
21,354 Posts
Thanks for posting. I must say, that is a very intersting location! I would have never thought of putting them there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone actually know how much air really pushes through the rear brake ducts. The rear brakes on most cars don't need much in the way of cooling, and although it is nice we have rear cooling is there really enough air going into them to effectively use that location as a heat exchanger placement? I'd really like to know the amount of air that actually goes in our rear ducts at speed. :-?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts