Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pictures of Nitto RII 305-35's on rears and current users comments on road noise

I am trying to find some pictures of how much further these sized tires will stick out if any on the wheel wells on the stock rims. I dont want them out of the wheel well or further past the wheel well top lip.

If I go with these its mostly gonna just be driven around town or short freeway trips on weekends to shows or gatherings. Dont think it will ever see track duty as we have 2 other race cars for that. I also dont want a tire that is noisy onthe road, especially the freeway.

Comments on road noise especially welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

pic compliments of Rob1vet

Can't tell you about road noise, due the the borlas.

briann510 said:
I am trying to find some pictures of how much further these sized tires will stick out if any on the wheel wells on the stock rims. I dont want them out of the wheel well or further past the wheel well top lip.

If I go with these its mostly gonna just be driven around town or short freeway trips on weekends to shows or gatherings. Dont think it will ever see track duty as we have 2 other race cars for that. I also dont want a tire that is noisy onthe road, especially the freeway.

Comments on road noise especially welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So it looks like the tire itself stays within the wheel well top lip. Hard to tell though exactly from the back view.

I am just torn between the F1's and Nittos, but those F1's sure dont get very good traction in 1st or 2nd at 3/4 or more throttle.

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes the tire stays entirely within the body shell. Drop a line from the top of the fender and it will just clear the tire.

Having both tires (F1 for street - original set) and 555R2 for track, I greatly recommend 555R2s. My F1s are just about ready for replacement and I have no hestition at buying 555R2s as replacement for the street.

You will be pleased with the 555R2s.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Go ahead and pull the trigger. They're only a tad wider.

I love mine! :thumb:

Alex

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Perfect!

Im trying to find out exactly how much wider the tire contact patch is on the Nitto's. Looks like 12.48 versus 10.79 on the F1's if I am reading the specs right.

Thats why I was trying to figure out how come they arent sticking out further than they are.

Thanks much everyone.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The R2's are 26.3" OD and 12.48" overall width. The F1's are 26.1" OD and 11.7" overall width.

That's about 3/16" taller and 3/8" wider (inside & out), depending on how much air you have in the tires.

No issues with either sticking out past the fender well, rubbing on the inside, or effect on TC/AH.

BUY THEM!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
What size exactly for the rear tires. I need a pari as well. I was thinking 555r2's. I need the exact size, iis it the same as our stock rear tires??? Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You can also go with the Toyo RA1, which is the same basic carcass (toyo owns nitto), different tread pattern, and 1/8" more tread depth.

Size in rear is a 305/35/18, front is a 275/40/17.

I got a set from frisby for $1006 shipped.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Dr.Bigg said:
What size exactly for the rear tires. I need a pari as well. I was thinking 555r2's. I need the exact size, iis it the same as our stock rear tires??? Dr.Bigg
305/35/18 is the size :cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well, they aren't on the car yet. MY RII's came in today! WOO HOO!

Hopefully I will get them mounted tomorrow morning! :z:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm looking for the 305/35/18 Nitto DR and having a hard time finding it. Anyone have any suggestions. They don't advertise it on discount tire's website.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am looking at them right now. WWW.tire.com select shipping and type in your size. They are there. I dont know about in stock but they are advertised on the site. Good luck. Dr.Bigg :cheers:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
These aren't stock rims, but are stock sizes.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
alchemistz06 said:
I'm looking for the 305/35/18 Nitto DR and having a hard time finding it. Anyone have any suggestions. They don't advertise it on discount tire's website.
It *is* there. Go to the Nitto tire section and look for the Nitto 555 Rs. You'll see two links to those tires. That size doesn't show up in both - only one of them. Go and try again, you'll find them.

Alex :jammin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts