Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have several pits-from rocks or small stones-over 80mph,the windsheild pits pretty good. :eek2:
any advice..can windshied repair places improve or hide the little pits..i don't have any cracks or large holes :-?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi Bud,
I have the same problem and have gone to several windshield places and they all say the same, if it isn't a "star" or "BB" hole, it can't be fixed. Can you imagine, they all laughed at me for the minor pits. The only way is to replace the windshield. Good luck.

John

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the same thing but on the side passenger window. It was right after I had the dang thing tinted so it would be a new window and another tint job, $$$.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info-i guess i need to get hit with a big stone -and get it cracked -then get new windshield..course till then i can save the big $$ , i hear they are expensive :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
bud miller said:
i guess i need to get hit with a big stone -and get it cracked
Haha I hear ya bud, till then :guiness: .

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Mine looks like it's been sand blasted...it sucks! :mah:

·
Registered
629 Posts
bud miller said:
thanks for the info-i guess i need to get hit with a big stone -and get it cracked -then get new windshield..course till then i can save the big $$ , i hear they are expensive :cry:
Yep...
Most insurance companies have a small deductible for glass replacement. It cost me $100 to replace the HUD windshield on my '02 Z06 when one of the 'chips" became a "crack". The trick is getting someone to fix it that has experience with FRC windshields. If they don't seal it (and the trim over the doors) correctly, it will have major water leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts