Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by neighborhood Chevy dealer today (not the one I bought it from) and asked what it would cost for them to do an oil and filter change IF I supplied same. He replied, "$10."
Wow, was I ever surprised! :eek:

They were booked up then, so first thing tomorrrow I will return and see if this bargain is true.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
That is probably not too far off. My Chevy service department rep told me that I could supply the oil and filter, never heard of a dealer telling you this. Now my oil changes cost me $20-22 (its actually part of a 3000 mile service which includes oil change, check of all fluids, and a check of the tires), I supply the oil, have not supplied the filter yet, they just charge me for the labor...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Tom Jumper in Atlanta has a similar policy :)

Makes you feel good you're getting the oil and filter it really needs.

Now, do you stand 'round and watch ????

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still Can't Believe This!

Stopped by the same dealer today and again the write up guy said it would be $10 to have them do an oil/filter change using my stuff.....They said they could have me in/out in 45 minutes, so I said great!

When I went to the cashier window to pay my labor charge, she said "No Charge, it was Complimentary." I couldn't believe it! I signed the receipt and went on my happy way! BTW, I didn't even buy my Z from this dealership.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Zippy thats :cool: .

Maybe the service department doesn't know you didn't buy it from them. :-?

If they do then you may have stumbled on a good service oriented dealership. :)

Congrats. :D

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts