Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Please check your roof!

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  02ZO6 
#1 ·
Need some feedback regarding an unusual looking "valley", from front to back, on the roof. The roof appears to have a very slight valley along the centerline. The thin black rear window molding also appears to have a slight bend in it. Careful inspection of the rear window also reveals some type of stress in the glass right where the glass and roof meet at the centerline. I can see a definite distortion of the reflections in the glass. If the glass is in fact stressed, I'm pretty sure it would have broken by now. Is it possible that the "stress" mark in the glass is actually molded into the window and that the "valley" in the roof is a design feature?

Please check your roof to see. All feedback would be appreciated.

Charlie

#5 ·
I always thought it was designed that way to resemble a woman's butt ! And as far as a Viper goes, "baby's got back". Regardless, I love the look and it is normal! :cool:

#12 ·
THANKS EVERYONE
:cheers:

Sooooooo glad to hear my Z06 is NOT UNIQUE! Whew. That had me worried for a bit.

Thanks again to all that responded.

Charlie

PS Now I would ask that you all check my post in the Misc. forum titled "Oil pressure". I've only received 3 responses to my question (which I greatly appreciate) but I'd sure like to hear from a bunch more of you. Thanks.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Well Geez...I wouldn't call it a double bubble roof line. When I first saw it, my immediate reaction was that the roof was dented, or rather, stressed. Then I took a closer look and saw the ever so faint "valley" effect. I'd be surprised if the difference in height from the bottom of the "valley" to the top of the "bubble" is a sixteenth of an inch. I'm amazed to discover from all of your posts, that the rear window, which I must assume is part of this very design, is actually molded with a slight "valley" in the glass right where it meets the roof (at centerline). This is evidenced by the distorted reflections in the window right at the top center.

Well again, thanks for all your comments to my original question. I sure was a little worried at first.

Charlie

#18 ·
chasm,

Thanks for the laugh! Your car must be very new. I am about 30 min. from White Plains we should get together in the Spring. I have some other buddies local with Z's and a 500 + horse vert.:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.