Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual is not clear to me.
Traction control I know is off in competitive mode but is active handling disabled completely?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Frank.
I think I understand now.
When you push the AH button once, AH and traction control are turned off.
Hold the button down 5 seconds and AH is on and traction control is off.
What I was and still am a little confused about is why you would want to have AH on while competitively driving the car.
Competitive mode to me would be to have AH and taction control off.
But... I still do not know why we do not get a proper seat in these cars.(sport seat)
That's another issue.

·
Registered
0 Posts
AH can save you life. Ask my good buddy Ram Air Tony about what can happen with AH off. Leave AH on, TC off!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
267 Posts
For street driving, the normal AH and TC are ideal. If you autocross or time trial race, then the other options should be used. For many, the AH option is the best, for you experienced autocrossers, running with both off is the preferred way.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frank,
I did not really say but I was talking about high speed road course events with an experienced driver.
That is what I think competitive driving mode should be. AH and TC off.
Not a big deal, though.
Thanks for your opinion.

G

·
I understand how to turn Comp-Mode on... but when/how do I turn it off? I want to reset it all back to normal for my wife when she drives /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Speedy- Default mode upon startup is w/ AH/TC on... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Your cool... don't worry about the Mrs. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif

G

·
Thanks!

So I have to choose Comp-Mode everytime? Darn! Hey, how come I get so much wheel spin if comp-mode is off? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm out of town so much, I hope my wife doesn't get too comfortable driving the Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts