Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to add some more hp without spending more than $500. Look at my mods so far. It put out around 396 rwhp and 380 rwtq when it ws tuned but that was when the car had 1000 miles on it. It's now at 5000 miles and feels significantly quicker. Should I go with a new throttle body, port my TB, add a bigger air bridge, or something else. Definitely No Nitrous. All suggestions and reasons for your suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Just read your sig. I did the street and dyno tune on your baby.
The best thing you can do with only 500.00 would be an airbridge and ported TB.
You could get about 6 rwhp out of an underdrive pulley but it might cost a bit more than 500 with install.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The $500 limit is tough ..

There is no evidence that a larger air bridge helps with a Vararam, and at one time they (Partick) said to stay away from them. You might call Patrick at Vararam to get his current thinking.

I had my TB ported by a VERY good shop, throttle response improved but little or no increase in RWHP. In theory you will pick up a little HP on the top end but loose a little torque on the bottom. MikesZ06 blown 427 monster has a stock T/B.

Looking at your mods, assuming it is a complete list, and since you live in Florida - I would do the T/B bypass mod, and get a 180 degree stat and change the fans to come on earlier. Other than that - I would save the money. The time to do an underpulley is when you are doing a cam swap, I wouldn't do that as a stand-alone mod.

Good Luck!

Les

Dr Chill said:
Looking to add some more hp without spending more than $500. Look at my mods so far. It put out around 396 rwhp and 380 rwtq when it ws tuned but that was when the car had 1000 miles on it. It's now at 5000 miles and feels significantly quicker. Should I go with a new throttle body, port my TB, add a bigger air bridge, or something else. Definitely No Nitrous. All suggestions and reasons for your suggestions are appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts