Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about getting the following package together and wanted to get your opinion and advise. I have a 03 z06 with IC mag with 3.1 pulley and ECS alky kit. Please see my list bellow and tell me if I need to change or add anything. All comments are welcome and I really appreciate all the help.

Cartek 346 forged short block.
Cartek stage 2x HEADS.
Cartek stage 2x CAM 224/228/ 114.
change pulley size to 2.9 on my MAG.
add Nitrous 50/75 shot wet.

Has anyone done this setup or something close to it?
Would this setup work well together?
Should I change anything?
What kind of rwhp and trq should I hope for?

zohhhsix

·
Registered
200 Posts
Overall, that sounds like a killer street package, although I really am _not_ a fan of N20.

What will your CR be with the forged motor? I would keep it above 9:5.1.

Mark

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mdhmi said:
Overall, that sounds like a killer street package, although I really am _not_ a fan of N20.

What will your CR be with the forged motor? I would keep it above 9:5.1.

Mark

I was thinking 9:5:1 as well but also depends on what my tuner sugests.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can you spray a wet shot through a mag? I'd go direct port with the supercharger :yeadog:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would have Dave(Cartek) build you a 382 stroker(almost same price). They had good one come out recently with a mag. No Nos, save the money. 567/567 to the ground. Torque like dead person on an EKG chart.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
I would have Dave(Cartek) build you a 382 stroker(almost same price).
That is what I did, 382 all stroke, lowered the CR, stage III H/C and alkycontrol spraying straight methanol. Some have argued that with all the tq I am making a 383 all bore might also be the way to go. I am very pleased with this build.

:cheers:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
B_P_fox said:
That is what I did, 382 all stroke, lowered the CR, stage III H/C and alkycontrol spraying straight methanol. Some have argued that with all the tq I am making a 383 all bore might also be the way to go. I am very pleased with this build.

:cheers:
B_P_FOX.....I love your setup!!!
I was thinking about doing that but I was told that 383 might be too much for MAG(not enough boost) and go with 348 instead. Also,can't justify spending 7k+ to just pickup 50rwhp and 60rwtq. I am at 520rwhp and 502rwtq currently, and if I go with forged 383 or 348, I would want to add a 75 nitrous shot. I like how 99zr1 has his car setup. But, i don't know, still researching and trying to get all the answers befor I make any decision. Thanks for all your helpfull comments guys.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why not go with a new forged LS2 (402)...better block, ring seal(Piston ring land), and no worries with sleeves (If you bore).

This would be a torque monster and could easily handle a blower upgrade (Kenne Bell) when it comes market. With AFR225s and the right cam you would be knocking on the 600RWHP door with a roots style blower.

Just my 02,

Bill

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THRLSKR said:
Why not go with a new forged LS2 (402)...better block, ring seal(Piston ring land), and no worries with sleeves (If you bore).

This would be a torque monster and could easily handle a blower upgrade (Kenne Bell) when it comes market. With AFR225s and the right cam you would be knocking on the 600RWHP door with a roots style blower.

Just my 02,

Bill

I agree, but I was told that MAG wont work with anything more then 383, and even 383 is pushing it. I think I am just gonna go wth forged 348 + mag+ 75 shot nos and be done with it. Also, it will cost me way less then 383 or 402.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You should cruise the ls1tech boards for shortblocks...SPDC has a great deal right now on forged 402's - very close to the price of a 348

1 - 11 of 11 Posts