Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Z06 Lovers! :)

If your a relatively new member, WELCOME to this great forum!
Please feel free to write a post introducing yourself, and your car....join the fun! :cheers: :) :cheers: :)

ZIPPY :z: :z:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Zippy said:
Hi Z06 Lovers! :)

If your a relatively new member, WELCOME to this great forum!
Please feel free to write a post introducing yourself, and your car....join the fun! :cheers: :) :cheers: :)

Ditto's Zipster , All new members are coming so quick, and we want to Welcome you all but sometimes miss.............

:z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Short introductory

Driving my 2nd Corvette...a Electron Blue 2002 ZO6. I belong to two Corvette clubs. Southern Calif Corvettes and Southwest Corvettes. Enjoy going to shows and taking home trophys, and all the other fun activities. Married 35 years to the same lovely woman have 3 kids and four grandchildren. Other hobbies include Ham Radio and collecting Collins radios. Like taking long motorhome trips with my wife and our two Tonkinese cats Molly and Max. Enjoying life and reading all of the neat things other people have to say about their cars.:) :) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice intro Sanford!

BTW, our daughter's dogs are named Molly & Max! :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Introduction

Zippy & Members

I'm new to the forum. I guess I've been a car guy (nut?) for over 35 years. I distinctly remember my first Vette awakening at age 10. A '57 Black/Silver car with the words "Fuel Injection" on the fender.

Over the years I've owned a bunch of mostly import sports cars and a few American sedans. It works out to be 5 or 6 Porsches, a similar number of BMWs. The more notable ones were probably the '87 Porsche Turbo, a '64 XKE Coupe, a Unique Cobra and a 1st Gen BMW M-3.

In 1995 I began to track cars, leading to SCCA racing which I am now pursuing in a Pro Chassis Cup Car. One regret is that I did not start the racing stuff a lot sooner. (thinly veiled advice for you younger guys and gals !!)

When the C5 hit the streets it was the beginning of a wake up call for me. It added the dimension of "all around" goodness. After a track school the Z06 hooked me. It is the finest street based track car I've ever driven.

On this Forum. This is without a doubt, the finest collection of information and helpful people to be found. The enthusiasm for the Z is incredible !!

Glad to be aboard.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr X:

Welcome! :cheers:

Nice reading your background. You had some very desirable rides!

Always nice to see someone convert from an import! :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I haven't been a member very long and just picked up my '02 Electron Blue on October 18. It is my second Vette - sold my '94 Admiral Blue coupe earlier this summer. I have a little over 800 miles on it so it is broken in and I had a blast doing it. Now it is almost time to put it away since the snow will be here soon!

Married with two daughters, two sons, four grandchildren, one cat, two dogs and four aquariums of fish. I work for the City of Bloomington (Minnesota) in IS. My husband also has a Corvette, a 2000 Mag RedII roadster. I bought my first Vette because he would never let me drive. We belong to two Corvette clubs, Suburban Corvettes of Minnesota and Classic Corvettes of Minnesota. Some of us belong to an unoffical club that an observer named The Minnesota Renegades. I like to participate in car shows, cruises and autocross with an occasional drag race when the opportunity presents itself.

Besides my family and car stuff I enjoy biking (two-wheels), golf, hiking, camping and fishing. In the winter I drive a '99 Blazer. For fun I downhill ski and race my two Huskies, Kodi and Kasey. We skijor. For those of you who aren't Norweigan, it means ski driving. The dogs pull me on cross country skis. It is a blast! You think accelerating a Z06 is a rush, you should be behind these dogs when they are let loose! Then you would understand the true meaning of "unleash the hounds".

Welcome to all the new members who are also introducing themselves. This was a great idea!;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Great post idea Zippy!!! I have really enjoyed reading the posts from our newest members. Blue Lady, I have seen skijor but have never participated myself. Hard to do in Missouri since we don't get that much snow but it looked really cool. A huge welcome to everyone!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello all. I'm relatively new also, so I thought I'd provide a little background:D I live just outside of Toronto, Ontario in a town called Oakville. I run a manufacturing company for a living and am married with a beautiful 18 month old son and another little one expected in May. Add to this the fact that I just completed the first half of my MBA studies and you can bet that I'm a little short on time currently :p

I've been a car nut since I was 15 years old and have owned quite a few over the years(I stopped counting at 70!). Some of the more notable have been a '67 Camaro Pace Car, '69 L78 SS Chevelle, '72 LT-1 Corvette, '72 LS5 Corvette, and two '67 RS Z-28 Camaros (not bad considering they only made 602):D

I bought my first C5 in September (a mint '99 Coupe) and traded it in on a Z06 two weeks later:)
Now, I am (im)patiently waiting delivery of my latest addition.

I have really enjoyed my first few weeks here and hope to participate more once I get the car and have something to talk about!

Thanks for listening :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can I Get A Z?

Hey,

I've been here for a little bit...not made many posts though. I have been pretty busy with college. First year of college, I'm 18.
No Z here....Parents had a 1997 Corvette when I was 15 which introduced me to my love of vettes. They since have traded it in for a 2000 MY Coupe which I actually get to drive very often when my Mom doesnt drive it.

I love the car...I actually bought a Borla XR1 with out telling her and having it installed:lol:
She was surprised when she fired her up the next morning:p

The 2000 is my parents thrid vette...84, 97, 00.
They arent into this whole Club/forum stuff....they just love the car.
The only hopes I have of getting a Z is in the NCM Raffle...I bought one of those 500 tickets. If I happen to win....that Red Coupe is being sold instantly and I am driving to my dealer and ordering a Fully Loaded EB Z!:cool:

I myself love vettes after driving and sitting in my parents 97 Torch Red coupe and MY Coupe.

I do love another car as well....My old Mitsubishi Eclipse....not a normal Eclipse. First off it was a GS(Non-Turbo, stock gets like 16s-17s in 1/4) I upgraded that thing so much. Forged Pistons and Rods, Turbo Kit, etc...Nice 12 second car when I was done with it! But it died:mad:
It was also in the Turbo Mag Sept 00 issue, I believe, as the Xtreme Exposure readers ride.

Thats a little story about me.....I just hope I win that NCM Raffle!!!!

See ya

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Reply for Blue Lady

I traded my 2000 hardtop for a 2002 Electron Blue Z06. I enjoy drag racing and driving in general. I am 31, a Nurse practitioner, married, no kids, and enjoy a general Double Income No Kidds lifestyle. My husband has an 87 Grand National.

We also have 8 dogs and 2 aquariums....hehehehe....good to meet everyone. My forst pass with the Z06 so far is 13.6 @108 at 1500 miles on the car. We should do better when she is broken in a bit. Kaya

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I've been a member for about a month now,and I've got to say,that this is a great site!
I have had a love affair with cars since I was knee high to a hubcap. I got hooked on Corvette's at age 9 (1962) when the TV series Route 66 was on the air. I have owned, since age 18, 17 Corvettes. I have gone all out this year with the purchase of 3 new Corvettes in 9 months (I finally got it right with the '02 Z06). I have my wife Kathy and 2 children Jeff (19) and Kristin (17) My interests are collecting diecast model cars, Corvette literature, driving my Z and coin collecting. Hope to meet alot of you soon!

Carzzy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Kaya,
Nice to meet you! What kind of dogs - Huskies??? Looking forward to meeting you at the Z06 gathering in Bowling Green come September. Should be a blast.

This is really a great way to meet new members. Zippy should get a big "Atta Boy" for this idea. :cheers:
Sandy

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
One of the greatest threads yet!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: Zippey ...Now if we can get several hundred people to respond to it ....that would be the greatest. Looking forward to reading more about the people who love to collect and drive Corvettes. Plus all the other reasons people buy Corvettes.:) :) :) :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife and I are new to Corvettes with the purchase of her 01 Z06 in April. I'm a generic car nut and have had a variety of different sports cars over the years. We still have a 1973 Alfa Romeo Spider that I restored years ago and a 99 Viper GTS and 95 Z28 track car.

Jim

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am on my third Vette. Started with my parents when I was young. First was an 82', then 84' and finally 02' Z EB. I can not get over the transformation of this car into a world class performer. If someone can give me hints on how to post pictures I would love to. This site is great.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hey everyone. Welcome to the forum. I'm on my second vette my first was a 95' Dark red met. Now I have a 01' Quicksilver Z with Black interior. 24 years old and loven it:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

-Jason

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Gang!

How nice to see the great responses from everyone! :D

Thought I would reply here myself.

First off, the nickname was a carry over from a computer password...Zippyjust popped into my head, and I've used it as an internet user name ever since. :)

Real name is Tony, I'm 53, and married with 2 grown daughters and 8 wonderful grandchildren.

Been with Detroit Diesel Corp as a Sr Enginering Technician for over 33 years.

I'm on my 7th Corvette, and hope to continue enjoying 'em for many moe years!

Oops. almost forgot.....likes: racing, traveling, reading, animals, living, oldies music, antiques, hot cup of coffee, nostalgia, ice cream, and grandchildren!
Dislikes: slow pokes in the left lane, and not driving my Vet! :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts